It's Monday !!! Who has some detailing to do this week?

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Hi Everyone ... It's Monday ... who has some detailing to do this week?

Let's hear what you have lined up :smt023

johnnyb

Advanced Helper
I got a call about paint correction on nissan sedan. Or as most call and tell me, "my paint looks dull, it just needs this".

Explained I would have to see it to price it, find if its single stage or not, and go from there. Offered to do a free 2x2 test spot, to set both mine and the customers expectations (with how many tire kickers around here I'm really leaning towards 5 dollar demos, taken off the bill if I do the work). So I may get a call back, but probably not (just going off statistics so far this year).

This is my first year in business fully for myself, so I'm very new to the business portion, I feel I've always been a great worker. To anyone who is working for themselves, or just anyone who has someone to contribute, I feel I could use some constructive criticism. I'm having a hard time finding people who appreciate what goes into a detail, and not a car wash.

Got other odds and ends going, but not so much detailing this week. May be a good time for my work truck to get detailed.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Working for yourself can be hard and personally I would not do test spots or demos , either they want you or they don't .. your time is worth more than $5 and gas is too expensive to waste also. Word of mouth is how you build a detailing business. Make one person happy and they will tell others, and then it just multiplies.
You can also advertise that you repair $69 details ;) I always did what I thought was best for the vehicle, not what the client wants or think they want. You certainly wouldn't tell a surgeon how to do his/ her job . You are the professional and they are the client who most likely does not take care of their vehicle, or they wouldn't need you!! Never give exact pricing either as you will either feel like you were screwed or they will feel that they were .. give estimates like when you bring your vehicle in for service .. you never know what you will run into ...

johnnyb

Advanced Helper
Good advice sir, makes a lot of sense to me. :smt045

On a side note, still no current details lined up, but did a quick scuff removal for someone while I was there for pressure washing.

Area was cleaned, PP2 white pad by hand, microfiber off. This was done in direct sun at about 2pm, and was about 92º out, paint surface well above 100º. For me the ease of use, sun friendly, and awesome results is what reeled me into Poorboys products.

11709764_1673760859520849_714401245784981170_o.jpg

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
nice job ... patience and handing out your card at cruise nights is the best way to deal with people who really care about not only their show vehicle, but their everyday vehicle too ;)

Little late to the thread but, I knocked out a Pearl white and tan F250 lariat yesterday ( I tagged steve on FB) Came out ridiculous with some white diamond and Nattys red. I have a older dark blue Monte Carlo next Wednesday, as well as trying to get my great white ram done on Thursday before I go away for the weekend!