Input requested on detailing class

ShinyRex

Advanced Helper
I am going to teach a detailing class to some friends (4-10) in a few weeks. All 101 type stuff and things that I am fairly comfortable with. My overall agenda is below and I am targeting 4 hours with some extra time afterwards if people want to try a particular product etc... So I would like your feed back on 2 topics:

1. Do you see anything I am missing in my agenda that you would consider a must?
- Wash (discussion and demo)
- 2 buckets
- Rinseless and a few variation on procedure
- Decontamination (hands on)
- iron and tar removal
- clay
- Evaluate paint and access conditions
- discussion of products and what might be the best approach (expectation management)
- Polishing (hands on)
- Discussion of tools and products
- AIO on old panels and donor car
- Protection (hands on)
- machine and hand application
- discussion on type of products pros/cons

I'll touch on interiors based on what my audience wants (not my favorite)

2. I like to give them something to take home but every other time I have done this it has been a one on one session so that was a little easier. I am thinking I'll give them:
- 16 bottle of rinseless wash as QD strength (for light cleaning, door jambs etc...)
- 1 oz bottle of a QD spray wax to try out as a drying aide
- 16 oz bottle of Poorboys APC at 15:1
- 2 oz bottle of poorboys APC to refill their 16 oz bottle

I have all of this by the gallon and I can pick up a lot of spray bottle on line for fairly cheap but i am not sure if I am going overboard or not.

I appreciate your feed back
Thanks!

ShinyRex

Advanced Helper
A few weeks ago I got to teach an introduction to detailing class to my local veterans group. I had a lot of fun and since this is the first time I have ever taught more than one person I learned quite a bit. Mainly that no matter how basic and quick I think something is it will always take me longer to teach than I thought it would. I set aside 4 hours and 2 hours in we were still covering washing methods and options.

We did get to play with the foam cannon and that is always a huge success. I used PB new foaming soap and one of my samples I gave away was a small bottle of PB APC diluted 15:1 in a travel spray bottle.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Very nice ... Yes, teaching is another world and the good ones are slow and thorough. When I would do Corvette clubs, they were amazed that there was actually a correct method , let alone the need for more than one bucket .. and some were amazed that dish washing soap wasn't good for their cars. Dish towels are not for paint finishes after dinner. Enjoy and people will get great knowledge from your experiences. :)