Honda S2000

J

JohnnyB

Hello everyone. I just picked up a 2001 Honda S2000 and was wondering if you all had any advise towards Honda paint etc. How does it hold up to Poorboy's products/ what works well? Any advise would be awesome! Especially, care with the vinyl soft top. I've heard great results with other products that I won't mention. I'm hoping theres something here this "poorboy" can apply. :mrgreen:

O yea, here's a pic.... I haven't done anything to it yet.

[attachment=0:2nfdtsxm]s2000.jpg[/attachment:2nfdtsxm]

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
I'm not sure about your paint, but in my experience, Honda paint has been fairly soft, so it's easier to mark up the paint, but you can also fix it without getting overly aggressive as well. On the other hand, you may find that to get the paint as clear as possible, you need to get very gentle (like with Pro Polish), as abrasive polishes may induce marring or haze.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
BigLeegr said:
I'm not sure about your paint, but in my experience, Honda paint has been fairly soft, so it's easier to mark up the paint, but you can also fix it without getting overly aggressive as well. On the other hand, you may find that to get the paint as clear as possible, you need to get very gentle (like with Pro Polish), as abrasive polishes may induce marring or haze.

I agree :smt045 Pro Polish and a soft cloth or pad followed by Black Hole and Natty's Blue or Red will be awesome

J

JohnnyB

Thanks guys, exactly what I was thinking.

Any advice on the vinyl top?

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
JohnnyB said:
Thanks guys, exactly what I was thinking.

Any advice on the vinyl top?

you can use Trim Restorer on the top ..use very little with a foam paint brush, let it bake on in the sun for a hour or two, and then buff off with a cotton towel

J

JohnnyB

Alrighty, also the car is painted BC/CC all except for the mirrors. What do you think about that?

And I ordered some stuff from Autogeek. They sell poorboys air freshner, how come you don't here on the site??

:smt006

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
The mirrors will be oxidizing much more noticably than the rest of the car. A quick going over with PP PwC or PwS should clean it up pretty quickly.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
JohnnyB said:
Alrighty, also the car is painted BC/CC all except for the mirrors. What do you think about that?

And I ordered some stuff from Autogeek. They sell poorboys air freshner, how come you don't here on the site??

:smt006

We have them in stock but not on our site .. they must be ordered via e-mail currently :smt001