Hologramms with SSR1, advice needed

gizmo1973

Helper
Hello guys.. My first thread in this forum. Here goes...

I have been polishing my daughters car.. A black metallic Citroen C1.
It worked well with removing most scratches and swirls..
But now, when it gets out in the sun, i have hologrammes.. 😑
I have done the 2 bucket wash, clayed, washed again, dryed with microfiber.
Polished with SSR2, and a blue HT lake country with rotary machine.
Then polished with SSR1 and a orange HT lake country with rotary machine
Both SSR been working in, till they get oily and see thru and with pressure as about only the weight of the machine
Then EX-P by hand with microfiber applicator
Then caranuba wax with microfiber applicator..

What am i dooing wrong?
Hope you guys have some advise..

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Hi Gizmo,

the rotary has caused your holograms , rotaries by nature on spin in circles and create a lot of heat and abrasion ... you might also try a very soft finishing pad or an orbital buffer.. if you do not have a random orbital machine, then use a soft cotton towel and do a light hand polish going only back and forth as the wind goes over the vehicle. ..
You can use either SSR2 or SSR1 and work them until all you see is a clean perfect shine ... do not use too much as that will slow the breakdown process...

gizmo1973

Helper
Hi again..
Just wanted to let you know that i tryed the red finishing pad. It worked ok.
Then i tryed a black waffled ultra finishing pad, and speeded up a bit.. Tjen it turned out GREAT..!

Shineboy

Helper
Hello Gizmo, John Tht, aka Shineboy it does take time perhaps a smaller work area or review the pace. Great information here PB products effective products at an affordable price. Are we using wax or sealent ?

Happy Detailing......

gizmo1973

Helper
Hello Gizmo, John Tht, aka Shineboy it does take time perhaps a smaller work area or review the pace. Great information here PB products effective products at an affordable price. Are we using wax or sealent ?

Happy Detailing......

Hi John..

Thanks, i figured it out, as i was using a wrong pad..
I am using both sealant and caranuba wax..
The car looks beautiful now..