Hello from PA

C

Chevyguy

Just getting back into detailing after a long hiatus. I have two vehicles a white 2009 Dodge Charger, and a Burgundy 1997 Chevrolet K1500 (Silverado) extended cab 4x4. The Charger is the wife's. I'm about to place an order to replace all the old products I have laying around. Let me know if I missed anything for my start up supplies:

Tools:
Porter Cable 7424XP
CCS 6.5 inch Gray Dual Action Finishing Pad
CCS 6.5 inch Orange Dual Action Light Cutting Pad
CCS 6.5 inch White Dual Action Polishing Pad
2 6.5" White Microfiber Bonnets
Wheel Brush
Foammaster Foam Gum
Tire Cleaning pad
Tire dressing pads
2 Grit Guards
Microfiber Towels - assorted

Products:
Clay Bars
Spray & Wipe
SSSR1
SSR2.5
EX
Natty's Blue
Natty's Red
Black Hole
White Diamond
Spray & Gloss
Bird Sh#t Remover
Spray & Rinse Wheel Cleaner
Bold & Bright Tire Dressing Gel
Natural Look Dressing

I'll be adding more supplies as time and budget permit, but think this will get me off to a good start.

sscully

Advanced Helper
welcome back to OCD time :smt041

The only suggestion I would have is change SSR1 & SSR2.5 with Pro Polish and later if you need it Pro Polish2.

I have both the SSR line and the Pro Polish line, and out of them I have not touched the SSR products in about 18 months, once I got the preconceived notious I had about Pro Polish out of my head ( reading threads on here ).

Pro Polish is great, just changing the pad aggressiveness changes how much it will correct.

I use Pro Polish before every LSP application on a blue pad ( after correcting I use a black pad 1st then blue ).

I keep it in the house in the small squeeze bottles for polishing faucets and solid surface counter tops as well. The stuff is great, I am a convert to it multi use.

PP on an orange ( LC color chart ) will do quite a bit of defect removal.

The other nice thing, only 1 bottle to replace 2 ( or more ). I currently have a quart of PP and a pint of PP2 in my cabinet ( I pay'd it forward with my SSR line & another mfgr for someone else to try ).

Depending on the budget, might want to look at a bottle of Nattys Liquid Blue.
Put it in a container of hot water, and attach a spray head to it, and it makes doing a LSP quick with a spray on a red or blue pad and apply. The Polish w/ carnauba can be used the same way for doing a quick touch up between details ( instead of PP on a blue pad then LSP ).

Just a few suggestions from what I have found over the past year + on the site here, sure you will get some additional opinions from others with more PB usage under their belt than me.