Hello from England.

Shineboy

Helper
We do have some sunshine at times I have been detailing this current vehicle for my wife, as my car was involved in an accident where the police themselves crashed into it.

Our small village has an old church built in 1098, we live near the sea love boating or golf.

Love PB products come here to learn more from this great brand our local stockists has the full range a many options.

Have fun John.

johnnyb

Advanced Helper
Welcome in! Though this is a detailing site, do you happen to have a pic that has that church in the background? I love seeing old structures, especially the ones still standing.

Many good choices with poorboys products, I still have more to try myself, waiting on my current stock to deplete!

Shineboy

Helper
Our local stockists have just started selling the whole Poorboys range so need some hints tips plus suggestions from the forum. Plenty of nice cars here keeping them clean a challenge at times, always looking for new products plus value for money.

Shineboy

Helper
Cars have always been a passion I progressed from motorcycles to a car/motorcycle that my dad bought me at 16 it had a 250cc Villiers engine, you could start this by kick-starting the engine in the engine bay itself, it was efficient at 70mpg.

All manner of vehicles followed eventually a sports car with a straight 6-cylinder, I worked weekends in a garage environment to assist the overall cost the mechanics gave us time to repair plus modify our own cars, they were knowledgeable also generous.

In the early days of my car cleaning history washing was sufficient where the cars never became dirty for any length of time, it is fantastic to have efficient products that enabled the longevity of that shine to continue, some great cars in the PB gallery a measure of the dedication plus passion.

Have a great detailing day. John.

Last edited:

Merlin

Take Pride in your Ride!
Cars have always been a passion...

In the early days of my car cleaning history washing was sufficient where the cars never became dirty for any length of time, it is fantastic to have efficient products that enabled the longevity of that shine to continue, some great cars in the PB gallery a measure of the dedication plus passion.

Have a great detailing day. John.

PoorboysRules.png

WELCOME to Poorboy's Forum!

welcome.gif

Please post some pics of your village and auto.

What PB products do you like best?
What would you like to try?

wax.gif
autowash.gif
Rbuffer.gif

Shineboy

Helper
For the most part I have used Black Hole Glaze by hand having recently borrowed a Das6 pro polisher has encouraged me to purchase one similar for myself. I initially wanted to do all these aspects by hand which is proving challenging, although I use pre-wash including snowfoam
our car is black it does look clean when washed where the dust and rain soon requires the whole process to start again.

I am looking to try Soap & Suds, Natty Paste Wax possibly Clay Lube.

Have fun, Shineboy.

Merlin

Take Pride in your Ride!
Love PB products come here to learn more from this great brand our local stockists has the full range a many options.

What can be said about Black Hole that has not already been said. IMHO it is the best!

As far a a Dual Action (DA) machine...you can not accomplish the results by hand that you can obtain with a machine.
That being said...my favorite pad size for a DA is 5"-5 1/2". That pad size requires a 5" Dual Action Backing Plate.

Who is the local seller of PB products on your side of the pond?

Shineboy

Helper
Now evaluating the performance of a potential DA the lightest possible with low vibrations due to an accident some years ago, I now detail the car in sections due to my restricted physical capability on any given day.

Our local supplier of Poorboys is Motorcare they have a great range, it was the Liquid NB ^^ I had a preference.

Wash it like you own it........Shineboy.

Shineboy

Helper
Last time I checked about 35 not that you can get into fourth gear now with the volume of traffic. I have had sports cars previously mostly Triumph Spitfires plus a new GT6 the fuel costs are now restrictive most big engined second-hand cars are cheap relative to initial purchase costs, it is not buying them it is the cost of fuel plus bigger tax on big engines.

For the most part my passion had been golf so my time for a weekend toy is on the horizon, I looked at an Audi TT 2.0 TFSI was even persuaded to have a test drive, a quick car plus slick gear change.

So for now still 3 kids per mile, you think cars are expensive.....

A Black Hole day the boot lid anyway. Shineboy.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
nice .. not a whole lot of selection for high mpg cars, other than electric ... gas has become fairly cheap so high powered vehicles using Premium are showing up more and more

Shineboy

Helper
Fuel is not cheap in England no it is not that I want an economic car just those second hand big engines cars are now more affordable to buy almost 25% depreciation in 5-6years from new.

I had a straight 6 so let the fun begin.

Shineboy

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
I can relate ... used to have access to a Fiat Spyder and it was fun but sounded faster than it was ;)