So I have done a complete detail on my car twice this year:

SSR2
SSR1
PwC Blue
RMG
EX-P
CMW
Natty's Blue

and it has come out great everytime. But on Monday I decided to put a layer of Natty's Blue on my hood because it had a few waterspots on there that I figured might buff out a bit. Anyways, everything looked good when done. But the next day and even today the hood is hazy. I even washed it yesterday and touched up with S&G but it is still there.

Any suggestions?? I guess I could redo the whole hood at PwC but I sort of hate to because I have about 5 layers of Natty's on there.

Thanks
Brent

S

stang03

This go 'round:

Washed SS&S
PwC Blue,
RMG,
EX-P
-waited about 4hrs I believe, wiped off
CMW
Natty's Blue (x2) the two more layers at a later time
-after the first couple of layers it looked fine, but if I washed during the day the used S&G it looked streaky at night??

I guess the problem could be that I didn't let the EX-P cure long enough....but it seemed to be okay. The first time I detailed I think I just waited overnight and I had no problems??

Brent

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
When layering you should make sure that the previous layer has dreid completely but in the summer time you also have to account for humidity in the air. Before removing the Natty's , did it completely dry to a haze?
BTW..what time of day were you working? Just curious...

S

stang03

I always try and make sure the previous layer is dry by rubbing my finger gently across the layer of wax to make sure it completely wipes away rather than smearing. I worked on it all day until night but I was in a garage to that way no dew or anything would set on the paint....no strong temperature change that would cause any moisture to set on the paint.

Brent

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Sounds good to me...you might be getting some reaction between the CMW and the Natty's...like you said earlier, maybe you might just have to wait a little longer before applying. :smt102

S

stang03

Do you think I should go back to the PwC and remove the hazing or just try and remove it with more S&G??

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
I would probably try Spray and Wipe and do it in the sun using very little and a nice soft plush mf towel. ...or try this Spray some S&G on an applicator pad and also a spritz on the car, then apply another coat of Natty's Blue and then buff off.