Good night Irene

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
it looks like many of us on the East Coast will be affected by Hurricane Irene this week. We are due to be in PA this weekend for the Wheels of Time show, but it looks like our weekend will be cut off early if things do not change.
So who else is going to be affected by Irene?

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
looking worse than originally expected ... it headed farther west ... we will be home Sat night :smt013 **** storms

ronkh

Da King
2011-08-25104721.jpg

2011-08-25120211.jpg

RANDAL

RIP our Friendly Farmer
Steve you should just set up out here in IOWA on a vacation for a week while Irene does her house cleaning

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
we are back from the Wheels of Time show and safe ..thanks ...the storm is due here overnight and throughout tomorrow ... let's just hope the warehouse can survive the storm

M

mad992

i hope you guys are hanging in there that looks very windy over there
good luck and stay safe

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
we survived the storm .. better than most .. preparation is always the key .. whether it be a storm or detailing ;)

Scott P

Advanced Helper
It looks like Vermont took a beating. We are still almost two feet under rainfall this year and under water restrictions.

Bunky

Advanced Helper
We were on the edge and the worst as it passed into Virginia. Down trees, lost power a couple times, tree debris in the yard but only a few inches and gusty winds. The NC coast got hit more about roads washed out (ocean and sound connected at several places on Hatteras). The state will yet again rebuilt at tax payer expense for free as they build a toll road in our area.

Scott P

Advanced Helper
I remember when the eye of Ike passed over use. I got up at 5am to look outside and have the little assistant check out the scene. It was so calm and quiet compared to just a little earlier. We woke up a little later to the back half of the storm. It was crazy. My little Magnolia tee that was knocked down and facing south had been flipped or sun around to now face north. Once it was over, I stood it up, tamped the roots down and it is still going strong.

We have a portable generator and I wired in a transfer switch.I can hold about 36 gallons of gas, enough to get me through several days of generator usage. I've only had to use it once since then (Ike was back in '08 ), but it is nice to have.