Getting Blasted

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
We are getting blasted by this storm ... trees are falling faster than anything I've ever seen in my life ... power is out in many places and me and the family are now living in the warehouse ...:smt013 only place we have heat ... there are no hotel rooms available either :smt093 Hope everyone in this storm's path is staying safe :smt045

Scott P

Advanced Helper
It has not been a good year up there, has it? It sounds like it's going to be a tough winter. I really want to get my folks a transfer switch for their generator so they don't have to run cords or do something stupid like a backfeed.

ronkh

Da King
By WFSB Staff

WEST HARTFORD, CT (WFSB) - West Hartford town officials are announcing that as of Saturday morning, 8,981 CL&P customers have had power restored, about 33 percent of the town; while 19,058 customers, about 67 percent, still do not.
Residents without power are to call CL&P daily at 800- 286-2000. If the wire and/or box is disconnected from your house, CL&P will make repairs.
Officials believe 99 percent of homes should be back online by midnight Sunday, 100 percent by midnight Wednesday, including homes with wires pulled out, according to CL&P. Currently, 30 line and 15 tree crews are working and will continue to work on Sunday. Officials said significant progress should be made on Saturday.
Even though all town schools will have power restored by midnight Saturday, they will remain closed through Monday, Nov. 7.
School administrators hope to open school on Tuesday, Nov. 8

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
well things should be starting to return to normal soon .... our streets are lined with downed branches waiting for the town to come and take them.

NINaudio

Advanced Helper
well things should be starting to return to normal soon .... our streets are lined with downed branches waiting for the town to come and take them.

Same thing in my town. They haven't even touched the trees lining the county highway that goes through town yet, which I find really surprising...

Atkinsonair

Wax waster apprentice
I hope yall are well Steve. Is this a bad time to ask did the kids dent anything new? LOL!!! Sorry couldnt resist.