Ferrari Spyder

G

gotgone

I started on a guys Ferrari today and have a couple questions. The paint appears to have no swirls or scratches in it. I thought I would clay it and then use PB professional polish by hand. If it needs more than that I have the pc to use. I just don't know how hard the clear is on the vehicle. I ordered some Nattys Blue specifically for this car. It won't be in till late this week. I have Collinite 845 and 476. I also have DG 601 and 105. What would you folks recommend? I could wait on the Nattys but the guy is in a bit of hurry on this one. I also need to know what to use to clean the cloth top and protect it. Thanks for any suggestions.

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
No idea on the hardness of the paint. The Collinites would be most similar in final look to the Natty Wax, as they are waxes, rather than sealants.
(I have read that some Ferraris are still single stage paint (reds, specifically.)

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
yes, some Ferrari paint is single stage, but that won't really matter...do your Pro Polish and either wait to top it or use what you have.
As for the cloth top, use only soap and water !! These tops have been treated at the factory for many years of use. After washing and drying, use a sticky lint roller to pick up any lint and you will also see that it will lift light dirt that is embedded into the fabric 8)

G

gotgone

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I went over the Ferrari today with the pro polish on a white polishing pal pad. No color came off so I suppose it is CC. I found 4 or 5 small scratches that I removed with SSR 1.0. Then used the pro polish a 2nd time. The car looks great. I did just as you suggested on the top. Mild soap only. Gonna go over it with a lint roller in the morning. Still can't decide what to put on it. Wish I could get him to wait a couple more days. This guy has 14 cars and the Ferrari is my 3rd. First was a 69 Jag XKE then a Suburban. Next up is either a Hummer or a Porshe. Thanks again for the help.