EX

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
EX
An amino-functional resin sealant with #1 Brazilian carnauba wax.
Long lasting final sealant for new or very well maintained finishes.
Apply in sun or shade.
Especially good on dark colored vehicles.
EXtra Shine, EXtra Protection, EXtra Long Lasting.

J

jwisecarver

I have a new 2009 Silverado in Imperial Blue, want to keep her looking her best. Would EX be the place to start on a new vehicle? I maybe 52 but when it comes to sealants and waxes would like expert advice. Please help.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
jwisecarver said:
I have a new 2009 Silverado in Imperial Blue, want to keep her looking her best. Would EX be the place to start on a new vehicle? I maybe 52 but when it comes to sealants and waxes would like expert advice. Please help.

hmmmm ...

For a new vehicle I would do these steps;

wash
clay
Polish w/ Sealant or Professional Polish
EX or EX-P
optional steps
Black Hole or White Diamond Glaze
Natty's Red, White or Blue

A

Alex2507

I just recently became interested in making our car shine. The EX was recommended to me by a detailer ... as a sealant. I just learned about sealants and thought they went on before the wax but I see that the EX has carnuba in it. Does that mean that the EX can be the final step or should I/could I put wax on top?

I was going to say 'we' have but the truth is my girl has a white '08 Malibu. I'm looking to keep it well taken care of. I did a little reading on car forum about waxes and got a few other lotions and potions along with a clay bar to meet that end.

Due to the EX recommendation I find myself here wondering if I maybe should have gotten the EX-P because our car is white and see that there is a polish that would go before the EX.

How critical is the polish? Hopefully I win that in the weekly give-away. :smt041

G

Gus-Gus

I just recently became interested in making our car shine. The EX was recommended to me by a detailer ... as a sealant. I just learned about sealants and thought they went on before the wax but I see that the EX has carnuba in it. Does that mean that the EX can be the final step or should I/could I put wax on top?

I was going to say 'we' have but the truth is my girl has a white '08 Malibu. I'm looking to keep it well taken care of. I did a little reading on car forum about waxes and got a few other lotions and potions along with a clay bar to meet that end.

Due to the EX recommendation I find myself here wondering if I maybe should have gotten the EX-P because our car is white and see that there is a polish that would go before the EX.

How critical is the polish? Hopefully I win that in the weekly give-away. :smt041

Polishing is a must for any car. Be it a new car or an old car.. its the only real way to make sure the paint you are working on is as clean as it can possibly be.. the polish will remove all old products that may be left behind on the car.. skipping the polishing step would pretty much defeat detailing the car.. so yes.. get some polish :)

ronkh

Da King
Polishing is a must for any car. Be it a new car or an old car.. its the only real way to make sure the paint you are working on is as clean as it can possibly be.. the polish will remove all old products that may be left behind on the car.. skipping the polishing step would pretty much defeat detailing the car.. so yes.. get some polish :)

To demonstrate what Gus is saying...........

This is from a brand new car.

IMAG0501.jpg

1216008678.jpg

A

Alex2507

I don't have the multi quote thing figured out here but bummer about the clay bar and good going with contraband. :smt119

Bummer because I am loathe to fork over another shipping fee. I'll wait for the give-away to be over and then look through the clearance/dented bottles thing. I am still wondering if I need to wax after the EX. I saw the steps after EX as being optional and foreign to me as an uber noob in this world of I want my car to gleam ... or in my case this world of I want my g/f's car to gleam.

Thanks for the replies so far. :smt039:

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
No you don't "need" to follow EX with a wax.
It is an optional step mostly to allow one to have a "customized" look in case Ex or EX-P don't give quite the look one is wanting.