EX-p cure time

M

mrfil13

Is the cure time after applying the sealant or after buffing it off, i normally apply by hand with a foam pad, leave for an hour then remove. Do i then need to leave for 24 hours before applying another layer of sealant or some juicy Nattys Blue?

Cheers

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
mrfil13 said:
Is the cure time after applying the sealant or after buffing it off, i normally apply by hand with a foam pad, leave for an hour then remove. Do i then need to leave for 24 hours before applying another layer of sealant or some juicy Nattys Blue?

Cheers

you should put two coats on before waiting the 24-72 hours :wink:

M

mrfil13

Thats great thanks, looks like i will be getting up early in the morning then :)

S

sas71

im lost..i thought you applied 1 coat of EX-P/buff then wait at least 8-12 hours then apply 2nd coat

S

sas71

ya know i read the OP wrong ..never read these thing late at night when youre sleepy :shock:

you should put two coats on before waiting the 24-72 hours :wink:

Hi I am detailing my car tomorrow I want to follow below process

1. Apply Black hole and wait for haze and buff it off.
2. Apply EX-P wait for haze and after 60 min buff it off.
3. Re apply EX-P wait for haze and after 60 min buff it off.

is this process correct. Because you said in your post that two coats of EX-P can be applied in no time and wait for 72 hours to cure.

Thanks

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
yes, that is a very good process ... check the EX-P after a half hour or so, to see how it is curing .. depending on heat and humidity you should adjust removal time .. the more humid the more curing time it will need .. just hot it can be shorter..

Hi, I followed post no 7 exactly. Do I need two more coats after 72 hours. By the way tremendous results from black hole and EX-P. Thanks and Regards.
-suryaputhra.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
You are good to go now .. if you want to you can add more, but it would only be for looks and personal satisfaction ;)