ronkh

Da King
My son made Eagle Scout today....

P5220043.jpg

P5220044.jpg

P5220046.jpg

kitzy

Advanced Helper
I'll be honest, I have no idea what that actually means/entails but it sounds like an accomplishment so congrats to him and his proud father.

ronkh

Da King
I'll be honest, I have no idea what that actually means/entails but it sounds like an accomplishment so congrats to him and his proud father.

It is actually a HUGE accomplishment. Only 3% of scouts make Eagle. This goes on ever application/resume etc.

Congrats. Is he enrolled in ROTC?

Nope. But he is doing a week at Coast Guard Academt for Engineering this summer. 1/2 day academics, 1/2 day swabbie.

from wiki:

Eagle Scouts are expected to set an example for other Scouts and to become the leaders in life that they have demonstrated themselves to be in Scouting. As such, they are disproportionately represented in the military, service academy graduates, in higher education and academia, major professions, the clergy, business and politics.[32][33] Eagle Scouts who enlist in the U.S. Armed Forces may receive advanced rank in recognition of their achievements.[34][35][36]
Eagle Scout is the only Boy Scout rank that is recognized on an adult Scouter's uniform, worn as an adult recognition of the youth award as a red, white, and blue striped square knot.[20] Eagle Scouts can join the National Eagle Scout Association (NESA), which serves as a fellowship and communications board for all Eagle Scouts.
NESA directly administers several Eagle Scout scholarships.[37] The American Legion,[38] the National Jewish Committee on Scouting,[39] and the Sons of the American Revolution[40] offer scholarships directed toward Eagle Scouts. Many colleges and universities, local businesses, churches and other organizations may offer similar scholarships.
The Distinguished Eagle Scout Award is given only to Eagle Scouts for distinguished service in their profession and the community for a period of at least 25 years after earning Eagle Scout. Only about 1 in 1,000 of all Eagle Scouts have been so honored.

kitzy

Advanced Helper
Well yeah if you put it that way, congrats are definitely in order. That's very cool. I hope it paves the way for a lot of good opportunities for him.