Black wheel wax?

R

rosko311

Is there a way to make a black wheel wax with the popularity of black wheels(any dark wheels really), to make a black wheel wax. I've used Black Hole with Wheel Wax™ brand but it really consuming and tedious. Anyway to get a one-step product?

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
There are coloured waxes available from other companies. Turtle Wax sells a black wax. I can't say that I'd expect it to last very long with the heat a wheel has to contend with, but it might do something for a little while. From what I remember of Wheel Wax, it has some cleaners in it, so I'm not too confident that you'd have much Black Hole left on the rim after applying the Wax.

Scott P

Advanced Helper
Why do you need the wax to be black? Is the paint faded on your wheels? Are they clear coated wheels? Why would you want to make the clear coat black?

R

rosko311

Same reason I use Black Hole on my black car. Yes the wheels are clear coated, same as the car, but I use it to enhance. They aren't screwed up, they're actually only about a month old. But as the forum goes, it was just a product suggestion with the popularity of black wheels, of which some are not cleared and I'm sure someone out there does have faded black wheels. Hope maybe that can clear the air. :smt045

Scott P

Advanced Helper
I imagine Black Hole would cause some bonding problems with Wheel Sealant. I'd stick with straight up Wheel Sealant. Do your best to clean them with a Pro Polish and they'll be as black as they can be.