Black pickup

V

VroomVroom

Hi Folks,

Detailed the pickup over the weekend.

SSR 2.5 - PC w/ light-cut pad. Two passes on the worst spots.
Menzerna FPII (I know, but it had been sitting on the shelf!) w/ polishing pad.
Clearkote RMG by hand.
EX
NB

And, of course, BnB on the tires and NL on the trim.

Hood & door after SSR 2.5:
011-hood-after-ssr25.jpg

017-right-door-after-ssr25.jpg

After EX:
032-after-ex.jpg

And some scenic shots after NB:
0000ea12.jpg

0000ea14.jpg

F

frankdenial

Hey VroomVroom, who airbrushed the house pic onto your car....
017-right-door-after-ssr25.jpg

Seriously....that shine is awesome.

V

VroomVroom

Thanks!

Navigating GM's orange peel isn't always easy, but Poorboy's products make taking pictures fun and easy. I applied a second coat of NB on Saturday, and the finish is even more wet and deep...

pickup.jpg

M

mblgjr

Truck looks great!

What exhaust is that? Is it true duals over the axle, or just a tip?

Thanks.

V

VroomVroom

Not quite true duals, but it is a di/do muffler, with twin tailpipes. The muffler is Flowmaster's 70 Series Big Block II. On the vast majority of modern V8's manufacturers recommend against true duals. The engines are designed to use one muffler to maintain a certain level of backpressure - decrease that and you risk running too lean.

Kind of funny you mention the exhaust - I'm actually considering the purchase of a Corsa touring system.

M

mblgjr

Thats a great muffler, its actuall the same one I have on my GMC.

I used the single in/out and re-used my factory tailpipe.

How did you come off the converter with two pipes? My truck is 4wd, and there isn't a lot of room around the torsion bar crossmember. I used 3" single into the muffler.

Just curious, becuase if you'd want to sell your current setup, I may be interested. I really wanted to do dual tails over the axle like you did to get the volume a bit louder than what I currently have.

Thanks.

V

VroomVroom

What engine are you running? The 6.0L setups run two pipes into the muffler. I believe in '05 they also started running two outlets as well into a 'Y' before the tip.

Anyway, funny you mention the system. I'm currently in the market for a Corsa Touring setup and will be yanking the Flowmaster muffler. We could certainly talk. jerry at tenmagazines dot com if you're still interested.