Black Hole Cleaners

A

ardorius

I just recieved my bottle of Black Hole - I applied via finishing pad on speed 2-3 and the results were amazing.

I was thinking though, can I use BH as my "pre-wax cleaner" since it does contain some cleaners in it? How about finishing pad with speeds 5-6 or white LC pad to work those cleaners in?

Thoughts? Thanks all.

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
Depends on the condition of your paint. If your paint is in pretty good shape, you might be able to get away with it. If it's oxidized/scratched/etc. then no.

That said, typically better results are achieved with multiple steps, so if you were to use a SSR or Pro Polish first, you should get better looking paint.

A

ardorius

Thanks for the reply. The paint has already been polished and maintained, so I don't expect BH to remove any swirls or oxidation, simply to clean as a prewax cleaner. The reason I am doing this is to avoid too much product compartmentalization and redundancy. Again, keep in mind, I'm wondering if it can be decently used as a chemical cleaner, *not* towards paint correction.

Thanks again :D

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
The cleaners are fairly mild, so if you have a fairly recently applied coat of wax/sealant I don't think it will remove all of it.
If your wax is on its last legs, then it might. Also, since you mentioned using it with a machine and at fairly high speeds, that in and of itself may be enough to "push it over the edge."