Best type of MF towel for S&W

F

Fenix

I've searched through a few of the threads here and being relatively new to the detailing world I'm still at a loss for which type of towel or wipe I should be using on the spray and wipe. Now I did learn to not use it as a heavy quick detailer and that only solved part of the problem.

The other seems to be the towels, which are (for now) AZ plush microfiber towels with the orange border trim ring. Softest thing I have but not the most absorbent. I do have some wax polishing cloths from AZ as well however they become 'product logged' too quickly (Tee shirt material at best).

So any suggestions aside from going PB product only on the car to get the desired results?

I am working with a slim budget here and ironically may have the hardest GM color to properly keep clean/streak free other than a metallic black: WA408G Maple Red Metallic from '00-'02 on a curvalicious '00 Trans Am. The only color barred from the WS6 because it couldn't even be factory matched.

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
I like using an absorbent mf that is thick on one side and not as thick on the other.

I use the thick side to do the initial wipes and then do the buffing clear with the lesser nap side.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
you can also use Mega-Plush ... they are the same as the DMT without the silk border for those on a budget ;)