Applying Polish with Sealant?

J

Jaycdeen

UPS just dropped off my order of PwS. Looking forward to working on the cars this weekend. Before I jump in I'm hoping to get a couple questions answered on applying.

I think this question is going to show how new I am to all of this.

It's probably one of those questions where you want to say just step away, don't touch a thing, and pay someone. This isn't for you.

1. I was watching a video on applying wax and they talked about going in a straight line. Would I apply PwS the same way or does it matter?

2. I know I should be applying a light coat. Is there an easy way to know if I'm applying to much?

3. Should I wait for a haze or is PwS something that I just rub in and bluff out?

I appreciate all the advice I've gotten so far. I know this isn't rocket science, but I have this little voice in my head saying no good deed goes unpunished.

ronkh

Da King
The reason for straight lines is: They go front to back, so if by chance you scratch something it's going to be straight.
Myself, I do sort of everything. Straight, circles, figure 8's. The important thing is make sure car is clean, and pad is clean.

As far as "light coat", you barely want to be able to see it. If you use too much,don't sweat it. It won't hurt, just a waste.

Rub it in, wait for dry haze, buff off.

Enjoy

P

Pockets

Ron has answered sufficiently, other than figure 8's =P, but I will just reiterate

UPS just dropped off my order of PwS. Looking forward to working on the cars this weekend. Before I jump in I'm hoping to get a couple questions answered on applying.

I think this question is going to show how new I am to all of this.

It's probably one of those questions where you want to say just step away, don't touch a thing, and pay someone. This isn't for you.

1. I was watching a video on applying wax and they talked about going in a straight line. Would I apply PwS the same way or does it matter?I would stick to back and fourth and up and down

2. I know I should be applying a light coat. Is there an easy way to know if I'm applying to much? No more than a quarter size blob at a time, that will help control you

3. Should I wait for a haze or is PwS something that I just rub in and bluff out? You don't necessarily have to wait for it to haze since it happens so fast, typically it is a buff on wipe away product

I appreciate all the advice I've gotten so far. I know this isn't rocket science, but I have this little voice in my head saying no good deed goes unpunished.

C

Crazy Banjo

Last weekend I discovered that PWS is a VERY good cleaner/light polisher of chrome parts too :D . I was working on my brothers motorcycle, and it really made the chrome sparkle.

Good luck with the PWS. You'll discover that it is very easy to work with! I'll say you can't go wrong.