Apply/Remove with PC7424 or by Hand?

F

FreeBIZZ

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll be using my PC this weekend barring any weather problems. I would like to ask if the forum could give me some feedback on using the PC (apply/remove) or applying/removing by hand for the following products/applications:

3M Finesse-It
Apply
Remove

Klasse AIO
Apply
Remove

Klasse SG
Apply
Remove

Poorboys PWC Blue
Apply
Remove

Poorboys EX
Apply
Remove

Poorboys EX-P
Apply
Remove

Thanks Everyone~!

M

Mike T

All those products could be worked either way. A PC is always a good choice if one is available. I've never used the 3m or Klasse. PwC is some good stuff and it leaves an incredible finish. Usd with a PC you work it at speed 4 to 5 to work on any ever so slight inperfections. Steve himself said applied by hand it can look quiet incredible. EX & EX-P you can either use by hand or with a PC and finishing pad to ensure coverage.
Grab yourself a nice plush MF and removal should be a breeze with any of the above.

Beercan31

Advanced Helper
FreeBIZZ said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll be using my PC this weekend barring any weather problems. I would like to ask if the forum could give me some feedback on using the PC (apply/remove) or applying/removing by hand for the following products/applications:

Thanks Everyone~!

I tend to use the PC for a lot of things but NEVER for removal, the reason being the pad on the PC is very small in comparison to the Microfibers I use, you'd go through a lot of pads is all I'm saying.

I remove all products by hand, this way i get to feel the texture of the finish, feeling for slight drags or snags, besides it is real easy to reinstall micro marring/swirls using a machine to remove product.

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
I can't help with the Klasse either, but, as with Beercan31, I don't use the PC to remove either. I think if you've applied thinly enough, you should be able to remove by hand without much issue. Also, if something were to land on the residue before you buffed it off (like a seed from a tree, or a gust of wind blowing dust/dirt around) you could induce some marring lickety split! With hand removal, you'd be able to stop much more quickly and wouldn't have had as much "action" on the area.

(As a side note, I've read that you should leave Klasse SG to "cure" at least a day. Otherwise you may get haziness.)

3M Finesse-It
Apply PC with light cutting/polishing pad
Remove MF

Klasse AIO
Apply PC with polising pad
Remove MF

Klasse SG
Apply Damp MF pad VERY VERY VERY thin.. and MUST be over AIO if you can't see it but feel it then your good
Remove I do WOWO so i do a pannel then.. wipe off.. do not touch for 24 hours after that.

Poorboys PWC Blue
Apply PC with polishing pad
Remove MF

Poorboys EX
Apply MF pad
Remove MF

Poorboys EX-P
Apply MF pad
Remove MF

BEEP BEEP done

awd330

Advanced Helper
I've used all of the referenced products. My procedure recommendation is very similar to Patrick's. The only difference is that I like to apply EX and EX-P by PC with finishing pads. I would remove all of the products by hand rather than with a PC.

F

FreeBIZZ

I did the car today-----white Subaru Forester-6 weeks old. Things went really well considering this was my first detail using a PC and some of the more premium-type products. The PC is a snap to use BTW.

*wash-PB SSS w/foam gun
*clay-had to get an OTC-used Meguiars and it was my first clay job. got er done in 40 min.
*Klasse AIO applied by PC and combo MF bonnet and towel wipe off-about 1-1/2 hrs.
*Klasse SG applied by hand with MF pad, used WOWO method with MF-about 1 hr.

Results look very good, but hard to tell for sure in garage. My wife was very pleased (her car).

Finished detail on wheels, wheel wells, door jambs, etc. Did entire interior w/protectant, stoner on the glass, vacuum, etc. I'll add 2 more coats of SG in the next 2 weeks.

Total time spent about 6 hrs.

Thanks everyone for all your tips----it was a big help and made this job go quite smoothly.
Next up, my VW GTI-Red-also new. I'm going with clay, PB PWC, and EX sealant as the paint on this one is in nearly perfect condition. I'll probably top with a couple layers of Nattys Blue after 2-3 coats of the EX.