02 Explorer Detail

ShawnF350

Advanced Helper
Finally had time to redo my 02 Explorer after having an egg thrown onto its roof and splattered all over the hood.
Washed, Clayed, PP, EX-P (about 30 min set time) then topped with Natty Red. BnB tire dressing.
I didn't really want any correction so I used my Griot's polisher with a white LC flat pad. I was able to remove a few minor blemishes that were there for years.
I also used PB trim restore which after many other products I had tried to bring back gray bleached out flares without success. PB trim restore actually works well.
I don't know how long trim restore will last on a metal roof rack but it looks great on the metal rough black paint on that too.

02Explorer_5.jpg

johnnyb

Advanced Helper
Lookin good!

Remember to let paint sealants cure for a full day before topping with any waxes, if you didn't this time around.
Can layer sealants same day, waxes on the next day :D

ShawnF350

Advanced Helper
I agree with the 24 hour cure but didn't want to wash it again a day later to coat with Natty?
1) Does the EX lose some of its protection properties if not allowed to cure before topping with Natty?
I could always just do 2 coats of EX-P and the Natty a week or two later after a wash.

2) If you were to top with EX with Carnauba I'm guessing you need to wait 24 hours?
3) Can EX be applied in coats without 24 hours in between?
4) With a near perfect paint finish, would there have been any benefit to putting a layer of White Diamond after the PP?

Thanks again. ..

ronkh

Da King
Imho

White diamond or blackhole adds to the look, even with perfectly polished paint

I like your idea of 2 coats of sealant, then do wax the next wash