Thread: Product Info

rpoole

Product Info

Good morning all, this is my first time posting so I hope I'm doing it right. I have a new black Corvette that has just a few minor scratches in the clear coat. I would like to know what are the ultimate Poorboy's products to use with the PC7424 and what pads should be used with which products. I appreciate any recommendations, thanks.

Pockets
    Any way you could take a couple of pics of the problem areas you are talking about?

rpoole
    Quote Originally Posted by Pockets View Post
    Any way you could take a couple of pics of the problem areas you are talking about?
    I will certainly attempt to however, they are so light I may not be able to get them to show up in the photo.

Pockets
    Okay well then you are looking at something not as significant as I though initially

First off make sure you have a good washing technique down. Two buckets a grit guard good wash media and some super slick and suds

Now you will want to wash the vehicle and then clay the vehicle (to take off impurities that will gum up your pads quicker and give you a nice smooth surface to start off with)

Onto the polishing step. I would suggest going with Professional Polish (you may use this with all the different types of pads and it is as aggressive as you make it)

Use Pro Polish with a white pad (polishing pad) on speeds 5-6 and work panel by panel be sure to do slow overlapping passes until the product becomes clear and the shine comes through be sure to take a few extra passes over the scratched area (the PC takes some time to work)

Then I would follow that up with a black pad (finishing pad) and Black Hole. Work this on slow speed 2-2.5 and again overlapping passes, work this a few passes just so you have coverage.

I would follow that up with some EX (sealant) This will lock in all your hard work that you have just done correcting your baby. You may also want to use wax if you prefer (I would recommend Natty's Blue)

Hope that helps out let me know if you have any more questions

-Chris