White Lake Pad and PB Polish

Rollingrock

Advanced Helper
While working on my truck this past weekend I used the following pad product combos

SSR2 with Yellow Lake
SSR1 with Green Lake
Polish with White Lake

The concern I have is, when I was cleaning the White Lake Pad, I had lots of product coming out. I could squeeze polish right from the pad.

Considering that the White Lake pad is pretty soft, should I be using a Green pad for Polish to avoid product saturation?

Just seemed like when I put the PB Polish on the white pad, it just went in the pad.

Never seen that before.

Thoughts?

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Rollingrock said:
While working on my truck this past weekend I used the following pad product combos

SSR2 with Yellow Lake
SSR1 with Green Lake
Polish with White Lake

The concern I have is, when I was cleaning the White Lake Pad, I had lots of product coming out. I could squeeze polish right from the pad.

Considering that the White Lake pad is pretty soft, should I be using a Green pad for Polish to avoid product saturation?

Just seemed like when I put the PB Polish on the white pad, it just went in the pad.

Never seen that before.

Thoughts?

The yellow and the green pads are way to aggressive for SSR2 or 1 only the white or finishing pads (black or blue) should be used with SSR1 and the white pad with SSR2 ...

You are applying too much Pro Polish to the white pad and you can apply pressure to the finish with the pad while the machine is off to get excess product out before going to another panel. :D

Bunky

Advanced Helper
Poorboy said:
You are applying too much Pro Polish to the white pad and you can apply pressure to the finish with the pad while the machine is off to get excess product out before going to another panel. :D

I sorta do that. I will push the pad against the paint (unit off!) to release a little excess product and mark off the area at the same time.