White Diamond..

G

groebuck

Steve is it true that White Diamond and Black Hole are the same just the color of the products? I have White Diamond left over from when I had a white SS - can I use it on my Black car? (someone on another detailing forum said they are the same that the color is not important??)

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
they are similar but not the same ... ..you can use White Diamond on any color you just won't get much of a deepening effect .. we showed this at it's introduction at Detail Fest on a Silver car ... half with White Diamond and half with Black Hole ... the owner preferred the Black Hole as it made the Silver deeper and wetter looking... ;)

S

shaheenis

I know this is an old thread but I have recently purchased White Diamond and EX Sealant for my car. I have never used a glaze so what I want to know is how I can use it. I understand that I apply after compounding/polishing before applying a sealant but can I then put it on top of the sealant when re-waxing or do I need to strip it back and start again? Is there any benefit in layering? If using a DA to apply it, is it fine to use a finishing pad and what speed is recommended?

Cheers,

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
I don't glaze much, so I can't really give too much first hand experience in regards to "tricks of the trade," but you can re-layer WD glaze before waxing. It can help blend light marring so you won't need to re-polish. If you go with the PC, go slowly. If you go quickly, it will likely get worked too much and not give you satisfactory results. If you decide to layer, the main benefit will likely be to ensure thorough coverage. If the car has been well prepped before, I doubt you will see a noticeable difference between 1 and 2 coats.

johnnyb

Advanced Helper
but can I then put it on top of the sealant when re-waxing or do I need to strip it back and start again? Is there any benefit in layering? If using a DA to apply it, is it fine to use a finishing pad and what speed is recommended?

Cheers,

- LSP's lock in glazes and protect them from the elements. A glaze wears down faster with the heat, humidity, etc that break down products compared to LSP's.

- For me the only benefit to layering, is it ensures 100% filling coverage.

rabbi

White Diamond and Black Hole are not the same.I prefer the White Diamond on silver as I like the bling better than the wet deep look.