Which Product to Use

K

kmann

I have a 06 F150 FX4 with Silver metalic paint that has a few lite swirl marks from the dealer wash when I bought it. Which products do I need in order to fix the swirl marks and maintain my finish when I have cleaned up the swirl marks. I plan to buy a PC 7424 hear in the next few days so load me up with the essentials.

Thanks,
Kevin

V

VroomVroom

Nice truck! I love that color...great choice.

The SSR series is just awesome. 2 might do the trick, but you'll probably want 2.5 in the long term anyway, so if you can invest the extra money I'd recommend it. Pro Polish is one of my favorite Poorboys products and is a great final polishing step.

For a topcoat I'd probably try EX-P first. It's an awesome sealant, and will allow that metallic to really pop. EX (w/ carnuba) would be a great alternative, or you could also stick with EX-P and top it with Natty's wax for more wetness. Hard to go wrong either way.

X

xlnt

I agree. EX-P and top it with the natty wax.

But if you're short on time like me, I'm pretty happy with the ssr2 and the ex-p, and a little s&w and s&gloss every weekend. I do this on a black truck and silver suv

I

icu812

I would go with the 2.5 and then PP follow up with EX-P and some Nattys & SG for that X-Tra POP (spit shining)
the 2.5 is my goto product as it cuts and polishes in 1 product
you can layer the EX-P and the Nattys
I usually wait at least 24hrs. 1st. coat (layering of wax and or sealant)

awd330

Advanced Helper
Since it's such a new car, I would recommend starting with Pro Polish. You can determine the level of aggressiveness by your choice of PC pads. Try it with a polishing pad on half of your hood. Compare with the untouched half and then decide if you need something stronger. You might also want to try two passes with a milder polish rather than one pass with a heavier polish.

M

MSP#735

what to use?

i have a 2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege (Blazing Mica Yellow) with paint that is alittle over a years old. i wash her evey week and wax her once every three months. i have been using Meg's NXT and Meg's Qik Detail spray with Turtle Wax car wash soap. my question is, what do i need to purchase? i was thinking about Poorboy's Polish w/ carnuba and the EX sealant. i am an old fashion guy who uses elbow grease. any suggestions on products would be great.

http://www.msprotege.com/forum/attachme ... ntid=93033

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Re: what to use?

MSP#735 said:
i have a 2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege (Blazing Mica Yellow) with paint that is alittle over a years old. i wash her evey week and wax her once every three months. i have been using Meg's NXT and Meg's Qik Detail spray with Turtle Wax car wash soap. my question is, what do i need to purchase? i was thinking about Poorboy's Polish w/ carnuba and the EX sealant. i am an old fashion guy who uses elbow grease. any suggestions on products would be great.

http://www.msprotege.com/forum/attachme ... ntid=93033

Yes, Polish w/ carnauba(blue) and EX will compliment what you already have in your supplies. Some will say that topping with Natty's blue will make it even better, but that's your choice. :) All are easy to do by hand in the shade or sun :smt045