Where do you like to buy your detailing tools?

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
Microfiber-mostly here. Especially the Velvet glass towel. But sometimes I'll be shopping and see some interesting towel that I'll pick up "just for to see."
Tire Swipes from a local hardware store- $1 for 2!
Brushes-various. Some from a dollar store, some from auto parts stores, some online.
Buffers-all from local stores. Pads have had to be bought online, though, as there seems to be a distinct lack of pads available around here (Other than the threaded PC pad and Megs, if special ordered at over twice the US MSRP.)
Buckets-mostly from "kits" that I've bought over the years.
Small spray bottles-Dollar store. I find them easier to carry along than the "real" bottles for details as I rarely use more than 4 oz. of anything per detail. In fact, I don't think I've ever used more than that. Maybe S+W.

Then of course there's the As Seen On TV stuff that "is not available in stores." ;)

ShinyRex

Advanced Helper
I buy my micro fiber and buckets from xxxxxxxxxxxx. I live near their factory store and i like to feel my micro fiber before i buy (wow that sounds dirty :p)
Plastic bottles from U.S. plastic corps
random but helpful gadgets are usually from griots. ...like the pour spouts that fit gallon jugs
anything cheap and disposable is from pep boys...like tire dressing applicators
Everything else through autogeek (especially when trying to spend enough to get free shipping), if it wasn't for them i never would have known about poor boys.

GearHead_1

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Much of what I own has come from The Geek. I also buy from local Auto Parts Stores, Dollar Stores, Home Centers and Big Box stores. In truth, it depends which outlet I happen to be close to when I realize that I need something. Most all of my specialty tools have come mail order.

P

Pockets

Anyone find a decent wheel brush that gets into tight areas?

Define tight areas?? The Daytona Speed brush is amazing (other than the breaking thing but there's a lifetime warranty on it so its no biggy lol)

ShinyRex

Advanced Helper
I bought the Racoon brush; It looks kind of like the daytona only blue. I DO NOT recommend it; I broke mine today after using it 5 times and since there is no warranty I am now in the market for a new brush also.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
I bought the Racoon brush; It looks kind of like the daytona only blue. I DO NOT recommend it; I broke mine today after using it 5 times and since there is no warranty I am now in the market for a new brush also.

it seems that almost all brushes seem to break.. I guess the best upside to the Daytona is its lifetime warranty ...Pockets is on either his 2nd or 3rd

ShinyRex

Advanced Helper
I like the griots brushes and they never break but they are not made out of a material that can be reused as much as the daytona type brushes. I guess one will be on my Xmas list this year.

ShinyRex

Advanced Helper
Some days I make my own :). I modified a 5 gal spray hose for wheel dressings since my clearance between the wells and the tires is pretty tight.
WheelWellsSprayer.jpg