What is Poorboys equivalent product for......

1999cutiger

the Klasse All In One and Sealant Glaze two part system?

I have been using Klasse for several years now, but I would really like to try Poorboys, based on all of the great reviews and their reputation.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

My vehicle is dark grey metalic in new condition.

I am really interested in a two part system that will last for an extended period. Right now, I get about 6 months from the Klasse. Does poorboys offer this kind of protection?

Thanks for your help!

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
If you like the look of Klasse, You might want to try ProPolish (PP) and EX-P. It might be the closest looking combo from PBW.
The advantages to PB stuff would be:
-Ease of use
-Use in the sun
-More product diversification, which allow for greater personalization of the look of the paint.

For an AIO, there are 2 from PBW-PwC (Polish with Carnauba) and PwS (Polish with Sealant-just released). If you were topping the Klasse AIO with SG every time, you probably wouldn't need an AIO, since you are adding protection afterwards. A pure polish might be a better choice then. (like PP, or the SSR's (Super Swirl Removers).

With the sealants, as I mentioned earlier, EX-P would be closer to the Klasse look than EX, as EX has carnauba in it.

Longevity of any product seems to vary greatly amongst users. Environment, location, even the user/application seem to play a big part in how long any product will last for different people. One may say they get 2 weeks from product X while someone else says it lasts them a full year. :smt102
I have seen pictures from users that show a 5 month old application of EX-P beading strongly.
Hope this helps!

1999cutiger

Thanks very much for your response. Very informative. I also was wondering how the Poorboys products stand up to the high heat in the summer? I live in South Carolina and the summer temps can be harsh.

I heard that Carnauba wax will not take the high temps real well. It can melt. Is this true?

Also, If I use the Pro Polish first and top with the sealant glaze....when would I apply the paste wax. I heard your blue paste wax is great for dark colored cars. Can the wax be used in place of the Polish?
I'm confused! I guess I need a short lesson in Poorboys car detailing 101.

Thanks for your help. I am fairly new to car detailing.

N

norahcrv

Hi & welcome to the "dark side" :wink:

I'll let Steve or BigLeegr give the tutorial on Poorboy's, but I will attest to the way that Poorboy's Sealants stand up to harsh summer conditions. I live just outside Phoenix, AZ & our "normal" summer temps range between lows in the 90's & highs usually in the 105 to 115 range (from May through October), so I think I can safely call that "hot".

Normally I give my car a full Poorboy's detail in the early spring before we hit 100 & end with a couple of coats of EX-P sealant. The few showers that we get produce some great beading, and I know the protection is still there in the fall when I do it all again. I only use Natty's (or Natty's Blue) (always the LAST step) in the fall / winter months as it just will not stand up to our summer heat.

Hope this helps!

awd330

Advanced Helper
I used the Klasse AIO and SG combo for a couple years before switching to the Poorboy's polishes/sealants. A couple coats of SG would last more than 6 months. Under the same types of conditions, Poorboy's Pro Polish plus a couple coats of EX-P would begin to weaken after about 4 months. Why did I switch to products with less durability? I prefer the look and ease of use that Poorboy's products provide. Besides, I always want to add a layer of something every now and then so ultimate longevity isn't of concern to me.

Klasse Sealant Glaze has proven to be very finicky IMHO. It doesn't bond well with many products. Within the Poorboy's lineup, it will bond to Pro Polish and the SSRs. It will probably bond to Polish with Sealant, but that product is too new for anyone to offer reliable longevity claims.

Regarding Natty's Blue Paste Wax, you can apply that on top of a polish and just stop there or you can add it after your sealant. Just be sure to wait until your sealant is fully cured before putting wax on top of it. Klasse Sealant Glaze had a very long cure time when I used it. I wouldn't add a wax until about a week after applying Sealant Glaze.

Detailing 101 tip: You can put carnauba wax on top of a sealant, but you should not put sealant on top of a carnauba wax.