Wet sanding

H

harry

I just repaired a few nicks and I am going to wet sand the spots where I touched up. My question is do I use PP or SSR2.5 to get rid of the sand marks I am going to use a PC to remove them and also what pad should I use?

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
personally Harry, i would first work by hand with the professional polsih and a cotton cloth, rub hard...then follow with SSR2.5 on a pc with a polishing pad on 6

H

harry

Ok Steve thats what I will do and Im working on a very small chips not the ones on the hood I need some practice before tackling the hood but what I have done looks good so far...

R

Rob

Just remember to to be VERY careful, it does not take much to sand right through the clear coat! Once you do, you're pretty much cooked and your little chip turns into a 1-2" round dull spot.

H

harry

That wouldn't be cool Im going to use 2000 grit wet/dry 3m paper and just pass over spot in one direction and check spot after 3or4 passes I will be very careful not to mess it up thanks :lol:

H

harry

Well repair went well I finished it today the results are great Im sorry I didn't think to take pictures but it took me 3 days of filling in chips with a #1 paint brush did 2 coats a day 4hrs between drop of paint the chips were deep so thet took 6 coats then I wet sanded the blobs with 2000grit wet/dry 3m sand paper I was sweating this out because I never did this before and was nervous about cutting thru clearcoat so went very easy after that I followed steves instructions I used PP on a 100% cotton towel and the sand marks disapired this stuff is amazing I really didn't have to use the SSR2.5 thats how good PP did on the scraches but I had some swirls to get out so I used it with my PC after I used the SSR2.5 I went back to PP with a polishing pad and re polished the hood the resealed the hood with EX tomorrow I will add another coat of EX then next week put back the 8 coats of NB many thanks to Steve for making this all possible with his fantastic products I still can't belive I was able to acomplish this task I contribute it to all of the people here and on DC that give me the encouragement to detail like a pro ....

THANK ALL :)