Swirls to remove

ShawnF350

Advanced Helper
It was suggested I use PP2 on a heavy swirled 98 Mercury Grand Marquis. I'll be trying out on the 4th of July weekend.
I will start with a 5.5 flat white LC pad. If it's not enough I'll step up to an orange. Will I ever need a yellow pad?

I'll be using my Flex 3401, but also have a Griots DA.
Also suggested was to finish up with PwS (i have) or PP.

Question is, since I have a Flex would it benefit to own the SSRs too or are they geared more toward the DAs. Other than the SSR3.

In the past, I've had no luck removing swirls using a DA. This will be the first time I try correction with the Flex since I recently got it. I've never had a car with swirls but now own 2. A Ford Edge my wife drives too.
None of my new owned cars ever got swirls but I lack any experience once I acquire a car that comes used preswirled .

Any suggestions would be great?

johnnyb

Advanced Helper
The little I know about the 3401, it is a dual action (DA) polisher, with more of a forced rotation due to gearing than standard DA's. It does not spin in a straight circle, and generates a ton less heat than a rotary.

With that said, whether you had a DA, or a rotary, you can benefit from any of the poorboys products IMO. I have yet to use the SSR's to give ya my personal experience with it at this time.