Swirl Remover

H

Hammer3.8

Probably a silly question but, once you use SSR and then protect your surface with a wax or sealant would you need to use the SSR again if you take care of your paint?

And how many applications would a bottle of SSR be good for?

Cheers!

awd330

Advanced Helper
Yes, your car will most likely require one or more of the SSRs in the future. Driving in the real world will expose your vehicle to contaminants, parking lot scuffs, and flying road debris. If you're lucky, you may be able to use SSR1 once a year for maintenance. Most daily drivers will need at least that or even SSR2 or 2.5 here and there.

A 16 ounce bottle would give you about 8 to 16 applications depending upon the size of the vehicle.

V

VroomVroom

^ Yep, good info there.

On a daily driver there's no way to completely avoid scratches and swirl marks. However, with good habits and proper maintenance, you can delay the need for the polishing step.

For what it's worth, I generally use a clay bar and polish twice a year. I wash once a week, and apply a fresh topcoat once a month. Except for spot-polishing a nasty scratch, for example, that seems to do the trick.

G

George

VroomVroom said:
For what it's worth, I generally use a clay bar and polish twice a year. I wash once a week, and apply a fresh topcoat once a month. Except for spot-polishing a nasty scratch, for example, that seems to do the trick.

Good routine to follow, we suggest a similar one to our customers. Two full details with clay & polish, seasonal details with sealant, monthly coats of toppers. Seems to work very well.

:)

George