Suggestion for 1 Step Polish on a White Chevy Cruze

P

peacemaker

Hi all,

My fiance finally is going to let me clean up her car. It's filthy... it's a dd... and she hauls two kids (so the interior is equally a mess). I don't want to do an all out detail because I know it will get ruined within days.

I was thinking about using PwS with a megs MF pad, cutting, or polishing pad. Not quite sure yet. I don't want full correction obviously. I also would like to extend the life of the sealant by topping it with 845IW, but I'm not sure if that would be a waste since it would only be as good as the sealant (~2 months).

What do you guys think?

P

Pockets

Using PWS is a great idea for a fast clean up of a DD that you are not looking to correct. Use it with a polishing pad and it will regain the shine, luster, and slickness that it had when it was new. Topping PWS with additional protection is also a good idea because it is an AIO product and might get compromised while working it in too hard or working to long. Doing a simple protection step afterwards will eliminate the worry.

P

peacemaker

Any suggestions on what speed to use it on?

Could I skip claying the car and go straight to polishing? Probably recommended to clay...

P

Pockets

I would advise against skipping claying the vehicle. It really is a super fast process to let you start on a fresh slate per say. Speed 5 (assuming you are using a PC) should yield the results you are looking for.

ShinyRex

Advanced Helper
Claying is a must, you would be amazed at the sh%^ that will come off, if you don't and something breaks free then you risk working backwards and instilling more damage.
I havn't tried PWS with MF yet but I have used similiar products and they do work well but only use them with the MF finishing pad not the cutting pad. If you need more cut than a MF finishing pad and AIO then you will need multiple steps. Just make sure to watch your speed and heat using MF pads.

P

Pockets

Claying is a must, you would be amazed at the sh%^ that will come off, if you don't and something breaks free then you risk working backwards and instilling more damage.
I havn't tried PWS with MF yet but I have used similiar products and they do work well but only use them with the MF finishing pad not the cutting pad. If you need more cut than a MF finishing pad and AIO then you will need multiple steps. Just make sure to watch your speed and heat using MF pads.

Great tips Roy!