Spray & wipe

P

Pitsy

new to this, and just got my first batch of detailing toys...

Proud to say its all Poorboys from the reviews of the products on www.detailingworld.com.

My question is about the spray and wipe QD, is this a neat product or should it be diluted, I have read some of the reviews and comments on the other website where they have diluted the QD spray.

Thanks
Pitsy

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Welcome to our Forum :smt006

Spray and wipe is intended to be used as it is, but if you have very light dust or are using it as your clay lubricant, then diluting it up to 50% is ok. :)

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
Sometimes it's diluted for use as a glass cleaner too. :wink:

S

skip

I'm using a 50/50 solution to premist the car, and then washing/rinsing with a wash mitt and a bucket of water, and then gently drying. Works really well. This is a slight variation to the "rinsless wash" technique.

Greg.

S

skip

I'd prefer to use it full strength - just trying to reduce the cost a bit. It is definitely slicker when used at full strength (of course).

I'm finding that washing the car this way, rather than using a polymer-based rinseless wash solution (not from Poorboys), that the MF mitt is much cleaner (the polymers seem to make the dirt stick to the mitt), is easier to clean, and there is more dirt at the bottom of the wash bucket at the end.

I use S&W in the normal fashion, at full strength, when I'm mobile. However, at home, since it's a black car, I feel a bit more comfortable with the above method (using the wash bucket etc), especially given that I have to wash my car very, very frequently. However, I can't say with any certainty that this method causes less marring, or even that it doesn't cause more marring, than the standard method.

Greg.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
I can tell you from first hand knowledge that your routine is definitely reducing or eliminating a lot of micro-marring and swirls :smt023