Shop suggestions

BJohnson

Advanced Helper
Well, I've been working in here for a week off and on now. It's not really setup yet or anything like that. I cleared off the right side of the bench a little to put a sit products that I've been using. The water pressure has been fantastic as well as heat, lights and drain. Just looking for some thoughts on maybe what I should put in it, up against the wall, move, etc... Don't want to spend a bunch of coin to get organized but would like to get it to where at least everything has it's place. Throw some ideas at me!

IMG_8363.jpg

IMG_8362.jpg

IMG_8364.jpg

IMG_8365.jpg

BJohnson

Advanced Helper
I have windows... see them right there on the wall? Shades are just permanently down! lol

I was thinking a shelf but cabinet would be a little nice. I also need about a 100 Dollar General spray bottles, 100 MF, more buckets, step stool and double the product so I still have some at home.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
I have windows... see them right there on the wall? Shades are just permanently down! lol

I was thinking a shelf but cabinet would be a little nice. I also need about a 100 Dollar General spray bottles, 100 MF, more buckets, step stool and double the product so I still have some at home.

well you asked and now you are telling ..roflmao

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Sorry, just talking to myself! lol

I was going to say you need an entire shelf of 5 gallon cubes on your shelf to fill up the 100 bottles ... btw .. I just happen to have more than 100 bottles sitting on my shelf :roll: some with sprayers and some with yorker cap.
I also have a ton of buckets, grit guards, wash mitts, :smt043

G

Gus-Gus

Haha..... wonder where can find an in expensive cabinet in a box?

Dont be silly.. you dont need a cabinet in a box.. you need a cabinet on your walls!

what type of walls are they? im guessing block? but the paint makes it look like that expanding spray foam insulation...

Honestly i would look at moving the benches to the sides of the room and leave an open area in front of the car for when you are hosing them off.. maybe make the far left area a wash area?

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
I'd put something across the bottom of the table (maybe even a tarp) to prevent overspray of water/mud/debris from getting all over whatever you have under it.

I'd also slap some paint on it. All one color would make it look less beat up than having all those spray paint marks.

Are you handy? It wouldn't take much lumber to build a rack for your 5 gallon cubes, and it could be much sturdier than the plastic ones that are prevalent from most hardware stores. Also it would blend in with the style of your table.

I can't see your outlets, but make sure they are GFI/GFCI types, as you have water being used in the area.

Before saying much else about what you might need, what have you noticed from working in it that you seem to be "missing" or seems to take more effort than expected to accomplish a task? From that point better suggestions could be made.

T

Twister

You need some cabinets and shelves. Even the plastic shelves at Lowes and Home Depot would work. It would get some stuff off your bench too.

I don't have room but if I did I would use a work cart that holds all the polishes that I need for the car I'm working on.

BJohnson

Advanced Helper
Beer fridge is going in garage! :smt112

I seen a cart of Harbor Freight that was like $50... great deal compared to the others you see for twice that.

ShinyRex

Advanced Helper
Sometime down the line you could always run and extension reel from the ceiling. There is lots of potential in your setup and I'll admit I wish I had a garage let alone something like this. Harbor freight has the plastic carts for a little bit more but they would probably last longer.

C

Concours.John

I have found plastic tubs (clear) and shelving with wheels to be great. It can adapt to your needs and move when needed and to clean shop. I recently aquired a 4 shelf industrial rack with wheels a grocery store was selling for $30. Sams club also had a nice unit pretty fair price.