Scratches

F

Ford17

Hi! Need some advice. Washed with SSW. Used SSR1 and then 2.5 to remove a scratch from dark rootbeer metallic clearcoat. Got a little scary when the Natty's didn't get rid of the dullspot after using the SSR2.5. Followed this with PWS and that worked. Should I have used something else or in a different sequence? Did this old school. Should I break down and get a PC?

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Ford17 said:
Hi! Need some advice. Washed with SSW. Used SSR1 and then 2.5 to remove a scratch from dark rootbeer metallic clearcoat. Got a little scary when the Natty's didn't get rid of the dullspot after using the SSR2.5. Followed this with PWS and that worked. Should I have used something else or in a different sequence? Did this old school. Should I break down and get a PC?

SSR2.5 comes before SSR1 then PwS ...SSR2.5 is not a very hand application friendly product unless you have a good deal of experience working by hand and quite a bit of muscles...SSR2.5 needs speed and heat to completely break down and do its work...you still may need to go over it again with SSR1 to remove any haze that may appear ;) a PC will surely make your life easier and your finish look better :D

F

Ford17

Thanks for the info. Thankfully so far they've been fine scratches. Sounds like I'm buying a PC. :)