Rotary Recommendation?

C

CEJ93

Which rotary do you like and why? I am just a hobbyist who is sometimes a tad on the impatient side when it comes to working with the PC. I know I'll have to be careful with a rotary but just curious as to what you may recommend.

Thanks in advance,
Eric

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
I haven't experimented with many, as I'm just a weekend warrior, but the things I like about the one I have are the variable speed and the gradual speed increase when you pull the trigger (doesn't go from 0 to full speed instantaneously, so you have more control).
Things I'm not too fond of are the weight and the size. I think a D-handle may be more handy than the side shaft, but I haven't tried it yet.

C

CEJ93

BigLeegr said:
I haven't experimented with many, as I'm just a weekend warrior, but the things I like about the one I have are the variable speed and the gradual speed increase when you pull the trigger (doesn't go from 0 to full speed instantaneously, so you have more control).
Things I'm not too fond of are the weight and the size. I think a D-handle may be more handy than the side shaft, but I haven't tried it yet.

Thanks for the reply.....which one do you have? :)

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
there are a few good ones out there

Porter Cable ..light and easy to use

Hitachi .. also light and easy to use as well as inexpensive

Flex .. a bit heavier and more expensive but a good machine

Makita ... light and cheap but not always the most dependable

Milwaukee ..heavy and not too cheap but a great machine

Dewault ... medium weight ...medium price .. pretty dependable

C

CEJ93

Poorboy said:
there are a few good ones out there

Porter Cable ..light and easy to use

Hitachi .. also light and easy to use as well as inexpensive

Flex .. a bit heavier and more expensive but a good machine

Makita ... light and cheap but not always the most dependable

Milwaukee ..heavy and not too cheap but a great machine

Dewault ... medium weight ...medium price .. pretty dependable

Do you have a favorite place you shop or do you just order direct being that you are in the business?

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
CEJ93 said:
BigLeegr said:

Thanks for the reply.....which one do you have? :)
I have a cheap "store brand speacial" that wouldn't be widely available. Especially not internationally.