Questions about Polish with sealant

Belgarath

Helper
I've had very good results with the Polish with sealant and since it is far between the full detail jobs, it is the go to product for me.

I've read that the expected longevity of the protection is about two to three months, but on the other hand if you work it the protection properties are reduced.
Can I still expect the same protection with three - pass sections, or is this too much to have any protection left on the paint?

I'm wondering if a microfiber pad would be good for the PwS. It would probably increase the cutting ability without sacrificing gloss (for most, gloss is more important than defect-free), but how about protection? If I can't have decent protection, I can just as well use Pro Polish (2) with a dedicated wax or sealant after

Does PwS need to be wiped off immediately?
To increase productivity, I often find that the wiping part interrupt the workflow. The ideal would be to just go around the car in one "pass" with just adding product when needed and cleaning the pad on the fly. Then wipe the whole car.

Any thoughts?

johnnyb

Advanced Helper
I love me some PwS as well, it's a great all in one.

I haven't played around with it enough to notice diminished protection results from really working it in, but that does make sense.

I haven't tried it with mf pads either.

I've done large sections of vehicles, or whole vehicles at once and wiped off after without any problems. I don't know for sure if this is recommended, but I've noticed same results as if I do panel to panel. :smt023

Belgarath

Helper
It seems not many have tried the PwS on MF pads and since longevity for LSP can vary, I had to do a test on my own.
I sectioned off the hood and the roof of my '94 Volvo 850 that I use for work and decided to test four different combinations of polish and wax.
The combinations are 1. PwS only. 2 PwS topped with EX-P. 3. Pro polish 2 topped with 845 and 915. 4. 205 topped with m21 and m26.
Use MF to work the PwS is brilliant.
I decided in advance to do three pass sections with all polishes.
What strikes me immediately is how fast and easy PwS is to work. The combination with MF pads gives a very fine glossy finish and I probably could do with only two passes and be finished.
The second thing is that PP2 is harder to wipe off than 205, but I'll try to be quicker to wipe it off the next time.

The main goal is to find a combination that will last through the winter, so I didn't concentrate on swirl removal, but the paint had that glassy look from a worked finish, so my guess is that a fair amount of swirls are gone.

You can find the pictures on my Facebook page if you are interested.