QD+ vs QW+

Mike1983

Helper
Hi all

I was just hoping to ask what the difference is between Quick Detailer Plus and Quick Wax Plus please.

I've found some old threads that suggested QW+ is the new name for QD+ however I note that QD+ is still an available product to buy. QW+ also appears to be a lighter colour?

Finally, I want my wash routine to provide as much wax protection as possible, how does the below sound?

Snow Foam
Super slick & wax
QW+ or QD+ depending on the answer to the above question

And for a big detail, replace the QW+ / QD+ with the following

black hole
EX sealant
Natty's blue

Thanks

Mike

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
QW+ is like a thin "regular" wax. It's for giving your car a quick wax job when you don't have time for a proper multi-step or even a proper 1 step waxing. It spreads easily and wipes off without much effort. Leaves more protection than a QD. Some things to watch for, though, are that if you choose to spray it, you may get white dots where you aren't wanting them and if you wipe it off too quickly any areas you miss will show white (same as would happen with regular waxes). Also, you should use QW+ after washing the vehicle. It isn't a waterless wash.

QD+ is a more potent QD than many others you may find on the store shelves. It can remove dust and fingerprints during a show (or before a date) it leaves a bit of "pop" to the paint and if you were wiping this off too quickly, the missed residue wouldn't likely show as much as the QW+does. QD+ isn't going to revive a dead paint job. It is more of a quick top-up to help extend the life of your wax job between waxings.

Mike1983

Helper
Thanks for the clarification. Think I'll be getting the QW+ then to add to my collection.

What was confusing me was that I came across a few old threads that suggested it was the new name for QD+.

Mike

ShawnF350

Advanced Helper
I just used QW+ the first time this weekend as a spray on wipe off.
I did my Dark Blue Ford Edge and my White Grand Marquis after washing. I agree, be careful where you spray it or you'll put wax where you don't want it.
I used QD+ on my Explorer since I didn't want wax on any plastic that it has everywhere.
QD+ has great pop on my Edge but I always find I miss too many spots on wiping it off on a dark color.

Used it once before applying it with an applicator. I figured I'm better off applying Natty Blue if I'm going that route though.

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
What was confusing me was that I came across a few old threads that suggested it was the new name for QD+.

Mike
QW+ was originally called QD+, then changed to QW+. The current QD+ has no affiliation with the original other than the name.