PwS by Hand on light swirls

Just curious if anyone has ever tried the PwS by hand and if so, how well it removes/hides light swirling. My wife's car has quite a bit of swirling on it, but I haven't invested a DA polisher. While I might not be able to get them all, has anyone had success with applying PwS by hand on removing/reducing swirls?

Thanks!

johnnyb

Advanced Helper
I've had some success by hand removing more so 'scuffs' than swirls with PwS hand applications. If the swirls are in a cured oem/similar quality clear coat, I find machine use and heavier polishes/compounds are required.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
I've had some success by hand removing more so 'scuffs' than swirls with PwS hand applications. If the swirls are in a cured oem/similar quality clear coat, I find machine use and heavier polishes/compounds are required.

yes, this is correct :)

Thank y'all... Actually got the PwS and Natty's Regular on the way (along with a few other Poorboy's products)... I'll try my luck with them this time before investing in a DA. If it doesn't work, then I'll look into things. At least I know there's a small chance it might help!

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
One other PwS question - can it be used on glass/the windshield as a hydrophobic coating, similar to rainx or aquapel?

I have seen people use EX-P on their glass, but I see no reason PwS couldn't work to some degree ...

I personally believe in polishing your glass. It makes the glass so clear and smooth, that you don't need to put anything on it .. currently Professional Polish would be the product of choice .. PP2 .. for water spots ;)