Products

B

Bern

Getting ready for the first go at my black Mustang with my new PC 7424. Last year used PoorBoys Polish, followed by EX Sealant and then Natty Blue.

Over the winter my car has been washed by the hand wash guy in the building where I park, and now I have noticed a fair amount of swirl (like spider webs)

Will the PC and the polish get this out, or am I better to add an SSR?

If I add the SSR...I am thinking SSR 1, do I polish after the SSR, or can i skip the polish step and go staright to the EX?

What pad with each step?

Ill read the guides on Autopia and Autogeek, but any other tips on using the PC?

Thanks gents

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
Which pad to use will be determined by how bad the swirls are.
I've gotten winter rash fixed with SSR2 and a super fine polishing pad. I've also used SSR1 and a regular polishing pad.
Depending on how bad the marring is, how much patience you have and how much skill, you might be able to get by with the Pro Polish and no SSR. Pro polish isn't abrasive like the SSR's, so it would likely take longer, but it can work.

You should be able to skip the polish after SSR1, but some people prefer the look PP leaves vs. SSR1, so it would be up to you to decide.

Usually black is fairly soft paint, so, even though it can get marred easily, it should be able to be corrected fairly easily as well, so you shouldn't need to go to the aggressive stuff right off the bat.

Tips would be to go as mild as you can to achieve your desired results, take your time, as work the polish/SSR well.