Product combination...

S

skyline

I planned to do the following:

Wash/Clay
SSR 2.5
EX or EX-P
Natty's Blue

My question is whether or not a pure polish should be used between the SSR and sealant. I figure it couldn't hurt, but didn't really know that it would make any difference in the final outcome. Any advice would be appreciated!

M

Mike T

ITs all up to your taste. I myself usually follow up after an SSR to really Bring out a shine and clean up anything left behind by the SSR. Using 2.5 You may want to follow up. Sometimes 2.5 can leave a little hazing.

S

skyline

Mike T said:
ITs all up to your taste. I myself usually follow up after an SSR to really Bring out a shine and clean up anything left behind by the SSR. Using 2.5 You may want to follow up. Sometimes 2.5 can leave a little hazing.
Thanks for the reply.

I've heard that the 2.5 leaves hazing when done by hand, but not when done by a dual action polisher. Any idea if this is accurate?

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
Depends on the pad you use and whether or not you break down the polish enough. If you stop too soon, you will likely get marring. Same thing if you use an aggressive pad. Even if you break down the polish well, the pad may not allow for a "finished" surface. Some people use SSR2.5 with an aggressive pad, then use it again with a finer pad and claim good results.
I usually follow SSR2.5 with SSR1 and a polishing or finishing pad. It seems to help, I think. (This will stain white pads, though! :shock: )
Pro Polish might work too, but I think that unless you're fairly experienced with machines/pads the SSR1 will be a bit more "fool-proof." I've read more stories of people not gettting the expected results using PP than with SSR1.
Your mileage may vary.

As to the EX or EX-P, if you are going with a Natty topper, I'd go with the EX. Carnauba with carnauba.

V

VroomVroom

Good advice above.

I always follow SSR 2.5 with something...usually either SSR 1 or Pro Polish, which is one of my favorite products. Either will leave the finish in perfect condition for sealant and wax.