Pro Polish 2

B

bswombaugh

I just received a gallon of the PP2. This is my first time using this product. It is very thin and has the consistency of milk even after shaking. Is this normal ? I have never used a polish of any kind that is as runny as this.

johnnyb

Advanced Helper
chris and steve can further explain on this, but PP2 is a mechanical (containing physical grit) then after that breaks down you're left with a chemical polish. like PP, (which the pad determines the bite)

if it literally has the consistency of milk (same consistency I spray hvlp paints), it is thinner than it should be, or at least thinner than my PP2. i would rate the bottle i received of PP2 at a viscosity around heavy truck gear oil or so

B

bswombaugh

chris and steve can further explain on this, but PP2 is a mechanical (containing physical grit) then after that breaks down you're left with a chemical polish. like PP, (which the pad determines the bite)

if it literally has the consistency of milk (same consistency I spray hvlp paints), it is thinner than it should be, or at least thinner than my PP2. i would rate the bottle i received of PP2 at a viscosity around heavy truck gear oil or so

If you were to put your product in a squeeze bottle would you have to squeeze it out or would you be able to pour it out. Mine is thin enough that it would easily pour out. I also looked at the date on the product and it is 07/31/12. That would make it over 2 years old. Do you have any idea on the shelf life of the product

johnnyb

Advanced Helper
I just checked on my bottles kept out in my trailer, today is well in the 100's with the heat index I'd have to guess. my PP2 is about the same consistency as my PP, minus the grit. I'd say both of mine are about sun tan lotion consistency.

all I could help ya with are my experiences, and as you know there are a lot of variables. as far as the shelf life, and further information, we will have to wait for someone who knows better.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
If you were to put your product in a squeeze bottle would you have to squeeze it out or would you be able to pour it out. Mine is thin enough that it would easily pour out. I also looked at the date on the product and it is 07/31/12. That would make it over 2 years old. Do you have any idea on the shelf life of the product

on average polishes last 3-5 years if well maintained .. if they shake and come back to form it's usually a go .. if not .. then trash ...
dressings and QD's on the other hand can last indefinitely if again they are well maintained ...

I just checked on my bottles kept out in my trailer, today is well in the 100's with the heat index I'd have to guess. my PP2 is about the same consistency as my PP, minus the grit. I'd say both of mine are about sun tan lotion consistency.

still good to use just try not to use too much ;)

johnnyb

Advanced Helper
on average polishes last 3-5 years if well maintained .. if they shake and come back to form it's usually a go .. if not .. then trash ...
dressings and QD's on the other hand can last indefinitely if again they are well maintained ...

still good to use just try not to use too much ;)

Good info, thanks :smt003