Prep for Detailing Weekend

Last weekend I cleaned the car I will be bringing to the Detailing Weekend.
It is a car my Wife uses during the Winter a 2013 Malibu LTZ with 11K
First I washed it and got it very clean.
Then I removed all the tar and anything on the bottom of the car with APC from Dollar General which I got for free but works great for some reason.
Next I used IronX and seemed to get results as it did streak and turn red and washed again.
Used Clay Magic which also worked as it picked up some over spray and got a little color to it from the rest of the car.

My question is should I put a coat of wax on it for the trip down about a 3.5 hour drive??????
I have AquaWax, Prima Slick, Adams Buttery Wax, PS21 and a few others.

So do I leave it or apply a coat to make bug removal easier on Saturday morning???

Thanks,
Ed

johnnyb

Advanced Helper
I'd wait before more chime in, my opinion though is slap some wax on there. At worst some extra elbow grease as you polish off the wax doing any paint defect work at the show.

Not only will it make bug removal easier, but will help protect the harsh bug insides, uv from sun, brake and rail dust, etc.

Eandras1

Advanced Helper
I would definitely put at least 1 coat of wax on the car. This will make it easier to clean and polish if you will do correction to the car

Ed

I would definitely put at least 1 coat of wax on the car. This will make it easier to clean and polish if you will do correction to the car

Ed

I have some P21s I can put on it for the trip.
Running out of time now........
The weather looks good for the weekend so far