Polish with Sealant or EX on the windscreen?

C

Crazy Banjo

I am wondering if Polish with Sealant and/or EX would be a good idea to use on the windscreen as a cleaner and sealant? Would noise from the Wiper Blades be less likely? Any risk of scratching the glass with Polish with Sealant?

Thank you for great products! I have many, and I have yet to find one I don't like :smt023 .

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
I am wondering if Polish with Sealant and/or EX would be a good idea to use on the windscreen as a cleaner and sealant? Would noise from the Wiper Blades be less likely? Any risk of scratching the glass with Polish with Sealant?

Thank you for great products! I have many, and I have yet to find one I don't like :smt023 .

Welcome to our forum :smt006

I prefer to just polish the glass as it will make it seem like you have a sealant, but what you are really looking for is less resistance, which will be done by polishing. I use Pro Polish 2 or Professional Polish, depending on condition, but Pro Polish 2 is becoming my favorite ;)
I do know many people who use EX-P on their glass with great success, but I would stay away from using products with wax.
Personally I have not tried Polish w/ Sealant for that use, so i can not really give you an opinion. :)

C

Crazy Banjo

Yes, I have heard so much good about the Professional Polish. I'll order some.

Regarding Polish with Sealant - I would like to know whether it is safe to use or not? There is no risk of doing any permanent damage to the windscreen, is there?

awd330

Advanced Helper

Yes, I have heard so much good about the Professional Polish. I'll order some.

Regarding Polish with Sealant - I would like to know whether it is safe to use or not? There is no risk of doing any permanent damage to the windscreen, is there?

I've been using Polish with Sealant on my windshield at least twice a year for several years now (all the way back to the first prototype version). It has never given me any problems.

C

Crazy Banjo

I've been using Polish with Sealant on my windshield at least twice a year for several years now (all the way back to the first prototype version). It has never given me any problems.

I hope it helped a little then, and you weren't just doing it to pass the time :smt106 . That would be silly, you know - all these years......

Just kidding.

Thank you :) . I'll try it out!

awd330

Advanced Helper
I hope it helped a little then, and you weren't just doing it to pass the time :smt106 . That would be silly, you know - all these years......

Just kidding.

Thank you :) . I'll try it out!

:smt042 I'm getting too old to polish for no reason. These muscles and joints need a lot more rest than they used to.

Polish with Sealant does a very good job of removing stubborn wiper streaks, water spots, and squashed insect remnants from windshields. It also leaves a nice slick surface which sheds raindrops quite efficiently. It is also my primary paint polish. When I machine polish the paint, the last thing I do is run the buffer over all the glass panes and window frames. It saves me the trouble of changing out to a different pad and polish just for the glass surfaces.

If you are dealing with deeply etched water spots (like those due to acid rain), I might opt to go with Pro Polish or Pro Polish 2.

P.S. I noticed that your location is Denmark. I have visited the Scandinavian countries twice and would love to return for another trip. If the currency exchange rates with the US dollar weren't so poor, I'd visit a lot more often.

C

Crazy Banjo

:smt042 I'm getting too old to polish for no reason. These muscles and joints need a lot more rest than they used to.

Polish with Sealant does a very good job of removing stubborn wiper streaks, water spots, and squashed insect remnants from windshields. It also leaves a nice slick surface which sheds raindrops quite efficiently. It is also my primary paint polish. When I machine polish the paint, the last thing I do is run the buffer over all the glass panes and window frames. It saves me the trouble of changing out to a different pad and polish just for the glass surfaces.

If you are dealing with deeply etched water spots (like those due to acid rain), I might opt to go with Pro Polish or Pro Polish 2.

P.S. I noticed that your location is Denmark. I have visited the Scandinavian countries twice and would love to return for another trip. If the currency exchange rates with the US dollar weren't so poor, I'd visit a lot more often.

Yeah, PWS is a great product. Last time I used it was on my brothers Harley Davidson two weeks ago, and then EX on top. It really got the shine and sparkle back in the black paint, and he was very happy :smt045 . I'll definitely try PWS on the windscreen soon! :grin: . It's great to read about your experiences with it.

Yes, I live in Denmark :smile: . I have never been in the USA, but I hope some day I will.