PBH & Natty's Blue

G

GS4_Fiend

Hello everyone. This is my first post and first time using PB products. I'm eager to hear your guys opinions. Thanks for the help.

I just bought Poor Boy's Black Hole. My question is, I already got some layers of Klasse Sealant Glaze. Klasse is a strong sealant (detergent proof), can I still apply PBH and still get good results? I don't really wanna strip it. Also, is it true, applying PBH on a DA is better? If so, with which type of pad? If applying by hand with a foam applicator, what's the best method to apply it? Long lines or circular motions? I heard PBH got cleaners, would it remove a lot of my LSP? But if I use it by hands, it would remove even less of my LSP, instead of using a DA correct? Any input would be much appreciated.

Natty's Blue - Do you guys use this on a foam applicator or using a machine? Which do you guys prefer? When using with a foam applicator, how you guys apply the wax? If with machine, what speeds.

Anticipating on your words. Thanks. :D

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
BH should work over your sealant.
Applying via machine would give you a more uniform application as well as work the cleaners more.
Yes, using by hand would be more gentle than via machine. I use circular. Others use up and down. More personal preference, I guess. (But I think you get more even coverage via circular. ;) )
Use a finishing pad if you have one. Polishing pad if you have no other choice.
BH shouldn't remove much of your sealant in either case unless you really worked it and used an aggressive pad.
I apply NB by hand. I have heard of others using a machine and getting great results. If you wanted to experiment, you'd be able to see for yourself which results you liked better. You'd apply it on a slow speed, as you aren't working in any cleaners or polishes, just applying it.

G

GS4_Fiend

Sounds good. Thanks for the advice. So how long does the glaze last until the imperfection pops out again?

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
GS4_Fiend said:
Sounds good. Thanks for the advice. So how long does the glaze last until the imperfection pops out again?

the Glaze should last as long as the Sealant or Wax covering it :smt002

G

GS4_Fiend

Ohh.. That's great. I hope I'm gonna love this product this weekend. :D

G

GS4_Fiend

When can I remove Natty's Blue after waxing it? And what's the cure time?

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
that really depends on heat and humidity ... I usually do at least half a vehicle if not the whole ... test it with your finger ..if you touch it and it comes right off ..then it's time to remove, if it smears, then wait a little longer

G

GS4_Fiend

Ok. Finally got a chance to use PBH and NB. The outcome observation on PBH and NB:

PBH: Really easy to use. Very slick on surface. Applied by hand and outcome wasn't as expected. The car looks a little darker but didn't really hide the buffer trails or minor imperfections. I don't know should I try it with a DA.

Natty's Blue: Very easy to use. Nice smell to it. Can't wait to bring it out to the sun tomorrow to see how what deep gloss it will give with the PBH. The slickness is not really slick as PBH for some reason. I don't understand why.

And that's my experience with Poorboy's products.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
GS4_Fiend said:
Ok. Finally got a chance to use PBH and NB. The outcome observation on PBH and NB:

PBH: Really easy to use. Very slick on surface. Applied by hand and outcome wasn't as expected. The car looks a little darker but didn't really hide the buffer trails or minor imperfections. I don't know should I try it with a DA.

Unless you worked it into the finish very thoroughly by hand it will not hide the imperfections ...it needs to be worked into the swirls to level them off ..the DA is a much better option

Natty's Blue: Very easy to use. Nice smell to it. Can't wait to bring it out to the sun tomorrow to see how what deep gloss it will give with the PBH. The slickness is not really slick as PBH for some reason. I don't understand why.

Wax by nature will never be as slick as a Glaze or Sealant, it will bring out a depth and wetness that sealants alone can not.

Hi, I am applying natty blue over ex-p after a week. Should I wash car with ONR or with regular gloss shampoo before applying natty blue. By the way what is the cure time of natty blue.

-suryaputhra

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
yes, the surface must be clean before the Natty's blue is put on. You can do a hand or ONR wash .. Natty's Blue only needs to flash or if you feel it, should come off easily. Usually you can do about half a car before removing, depending on heat and humidity. After that it's ready to go.