Nissan Murano full detail...

YNOT

Helper
Here is a fun one I did this Saturday. Started it at 6:30 AM...finished it about 4:00 PM.

Started with a bath in Dawn to strip it clean. Claybarred the heck out of it. Lots of bird droppings and I'm guessing some tree sap or something. Some of which I could only 'lighten up' with much work.

After the clay, I re-washed with Dawn, then started the process of polishing. Poorboy's SSR1 over the entire vehicle...the hood got some SSR3, SSR2.5 and SSR1 again, but was still unable to make the brown stains completely disappear. Then gave the entire car a good coat of Natty's blue and after that sat for the time I cleaned up the interior, I gave it another coat over the upper portions of the car before the customer came to pick it back up.

I cleaned and waxed the door jambs, vacuumed it all out, scrubbed the inner fender wells to remove mud and gunk, then dressed the tires with Poorboy's Bold-N-Brite. I used Stoner's on the windows.

So with that, I'll leave you with the good stuff...

nis_981_overall_before.jpg

nis_979_stain_hood.jpg

nis_978_stain_headlight.jpg

nis_985_wheel_before.jpg

nis_986_dirty_gas_door.jpg

nis_987_scuff_mark.jpg

nis_989_interior_before.jpg

And these are the horrible stains I was left with after washing and claying. Even after polishing, the best I could do was lighten them...although the pics I took of the 'afters' didn't turn out so I have nothing to show the bit of progress I did make.

nis_996_stains_after_wash.jpg

And here she is all finished...

nis_998_scuff_AFTER.jpg

nis_1001_gas_door_AFTER.jpg

nis_999_wheel_AFTER.jpg

nis_1015_interior_AFTER.jpg

nis_1003_side_driver_AFTER.jpg

nis_1009_side_pass_AFTER.jpg

nis_1014_frontside_AFTER.jpg

This was a fun, challenging one, but was overall fun and I enjoyed seeing it come clean in the end.

Hope you all like. And if anyone has any suggestions on how to improve those tree sap stains (or whatever they were), let me know. She's going to bring the car back to me for another coat or two of wax before winter, so maybe I can try to fix those spots on the hood some more.

G

Gus-Gus

does the person who owns the car park in a parking garage by chance? If so it could be rain run off miixed with rust that prolly dripped on the car and sat for who knows how long.. when i first started reading about the brown stains i thought rust or tar...
you could try soaking the spots in bug squash and let it dwell see if that takes care of it.. if not maybe try APC and let that dwell..

It looks awesome though. Im sure the customer was very happy when they came to pick it up.

heck

Advanced Helper
Awesome work, looks great.

Sometimes if the paint has been neglected with some deep stains, I do like you did and do the best I can.
I know the clear-coat is thin on newer cars and to go thought is worse than leaving the small stains.
I do not have a paint thickness guage. so I pick the lesser of two evils.
I am sure the improvement will be more than enought for the customer to be happy.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
nice work Tony ... the stains need either Professional Polish or PP2 ... chemical stains need to be removed chemically not abrasively ;)