New with pics:)

G

greekxj

Hey everyone, figured i would start off my first post with some bragging pics. Here is a 96 Chevy Impala SS that i am about to acquire from my brother. It only has 19K original miles! The color is dark cherry metallic BTW. Anyway, Ive been sweating like crazy doing the exterior detail on it the last couple of days (in the 90's) but it was worth it. The car was in excellent shape being stored in a heated garage under a cover all of its life. Even so, still a 15 year old dark colored car that had never been buffed before. So ya it had some swirls and imperfections here and there.

OK, steps i did to get it looking awesome!

1) Washed car
2) Clayed using xxxx clay and showtime. Ive used this stuff for a while and it has always worked ok for me. Plus i had it on hand.
3) Taped off all rubber trim/molding
4) White CCS pad with Poorboy's Professional Polish
5) Black CCS pad with Poorboy's Black Hole glaze
6) Natty's blue paste wax applied by hand. I wasn't happy at first since it seemed difficult to use(removing). I found out that it has to be put on VERY light to work easier. Since i was frustrated when first using it i used my xxxx on the bumpers just so i wouldn't get aggravated. I came back to to the Natty's and finished the job. You'll see in the pics that i have 2 waxes lol. Well now you know why! There are no comparison pics as i am usually not patient to keep stopping my work for pics so i just have the afters, and the befores with taped trim. Looking good though1

http://rides.webshots.com/album/578378681uwSubN