New product Introduced at Detail Weekend ....Master Cut

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
It's name is Master Cut ... it is a compound for rotary users.
It has been tested with rotaries and has done very well. Master Cut has been test as well wth a Flex 3401vrg (random orbital) and did work well, but not up to its' capabilities.
It has performed well in body shop situations after wet sanding, finishing off to a brilliant shine with minor marring, to be followed up with SSR2, or Pro Polish, and it is lsp ready.
This is not a product for all, but it is geared toward Pros, Body shops, & harder clear coats.
Some people did use it on Detail Weekend, but most were not rotary users.

this is a review of the product from a tester ..

So this afternoon I worked with both of them more...I like the light compound better. I know this sounds weird, but I feel like it did almost as much correction as the heavy did...I just bought a spare hood for my car the other night, and the paint on it is absolutely BEAT, cc failure on spots, and the rest of the areas are just scratched and swirled terribly. I took the flex rotary out back with the heavy compound on a yellow twisted wool and went to work. I wiped it off and really didn't see to many defects gone just a whole lot of wool marks like you'd expect with that..I took out an orange pad and did the same thing, much better, the product seemed to like it better....Then I tried the white pad, again very good. I think it should be used with one of those. Didn't dust too bad eitherLight- I like the light better. Black finishing pad was the way to go, today I worked it in longer and it wasn't sunny so I couldn't really see all that well but it was definitely better than the other night on my car when I just ran it over kind of quick, I think there may have been some light marks but it was better when it was polished in longer...Quick defect removal, it took care of most scratches on its own...If I were to have finished the whole car I was doing with these products today, I honestly would have just kept going with the light and not used the heavy. I thought it worked well enough to be used on its own for most parts of the car. I tried to pick up photos of the really light marks it left on my car that night, and the few stray ones here and there today, but the camera wouldn't pick it up.....I don't think that would be a problem for most people though, if they are working with ceramic clears it really wouldn't be that big of a deal to take SSR1 over it after just to make sure everything is all cleaned up. I always make my estimate a little higher when its a car that I know had a hard CC, so it wouldn't make me mad that I had to go over it once more if it was a dark color...With the how quick that it cuts I bet having to SSR1 it wouldn't even take that much extra time because of the time you already saved with the light or heavy compound..

I think I have another review, but I'd need to look for it ... :mrgreen:

kitzy

Advanced Helper
I think I just read a review but without pictures... well, nah, it couldn't have happened.

I really want to tackle the truck at work just to play around with it.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
I think I just read a review but without pictures... well, nah, it couldn't have happened.

I really want to tackle the truck at work just to play around with it.

Mike I do not ask my testers for pictures, just an in depth evaluation ..good and bad ;)

Great to see this PB, when it's going on sale?

G it is sort of available .. we have sent a bunch around the world for random testing ... we have a little left here for sale, but it will not be massed produced until I get complete feedback from overseas where there are more cerami-clear paints.

M

Mister B

Sounds good.

What ever happened to SYN 1?

Is Master Cut a reformulation and progression of the SYN 1 beta product that I saw some people testing online last year?

M

Mister B

Sounds good.

What ever happened to SYN 1?

Is Master Cut a reformulation and progression of the SYN 1 beta product that I saw some people testing online last year?

:smt017 Guess no one knows.....

Last edited:
D

Dr Oldz

I have tested MC a few times now on a variety of paints(hard and Soft). Meghan at Autogeek was kind enough to send me a bottle. So far, I truly love this and it can be used on so many applications that 105 would be used but without any of the 105 issues(short work time, dusting, hard wipeoff) Wipeoff is just so simple for a compound that it will amaze you. Working time is very long and lets you fully break down the compound down with ease. I have not tried it with wool yet but using LC VC and Buff n Shine pads the results have been very good. No matter what kind of paint you are working on, you do have to follow with a finer polish but this is to be expected from a compound. I really don't use PB polishes for paintwork but have found Menz Super Finish and Megs 205 both compliment this compound very well. I personally think that it works best around 1800 rpm on a rotary. I also had to try it with a PC and the results were very good with both LC orange and the Cyan HT pads(5.5 inch flat pads) on speed 6. When it comes to deep defects on hard paint(ceramics), you may have to work a bit longer or reapply some more compound to the pad, but this is only on the worst case instance. Otherwise it handles the ceramics with relative ease. The cut is just slightly less than 105 but the longer working time can easily make up for that. I have generally experienced zero to very minimal dusting.

In summary, this is a great compound and I can see a lot of 105 users using this for its longer working time, easy removal and minimal dusting. There may be a few instances where the little extra cut of 105 is needed but that should be a minimal amount of times. A definate must have for the detailers out there and I am guessing that it will be very affordable as are all the other PB products.

Steve nailed this product and I would suggest that this get to market ASAP for everyone to enjoy!

Thanks for reading, Jim

D

Dr Oldz

Thanks for the welcome.

Are there both types of abrasives in MC?
Do you guys plan to market this or have you found any issues that may need a reformulation thus far?(I really think it is great as is!)

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Well i won't give away any secrets, but the minor last change will not change the formula ;)

The final label is being made and then production will begin soon after.

There is also a possibility of a Heavy Duty Compound for the body shop industry.

S

Sal329

I read a review elsewhere on this product as well, it seems like a winner for sure

X

xlntshine

Todd over at Autopia Car Care tossed in a bottle with the wash mit I won in a contest. I don't have a rotary so I will give it s shot with a GG DA. I will let you know how it comes out!

P

Pockets

Todd over at Autopia Car Care tossed in a bottle with the wash mit I won in a contest. I don't have a rotary so I will give it s shot with a GG DA. I will let you know how it comes out!

Looking forward to it Reviews are always welcome!

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
where is it listed on the site ?? can't find it any where would like to try some

Jeff

G it is sort of available .. we have sent a bunch around the world for random testing ... we have a little left here for sale, but it will not be massed produced until I get complete feedback from overseas where there are more cerami-clear paints.

I'd say your best bet would be to e-mail Steve or Pockets directly about it.

jtford95

Advanced Helper
Pockets. How well will it work on 2 stage epoxy paint or urathane paints? Meaning big rigs. If the paint looks like flat wall paint. And if so what pads to use

P

Pockets

I would stick with the Professional Polish Line.

Professional Polish if it is not terrible (oxidization comes off pretty easy)

Pro Polish 2 if it has some nice defects that need to be removed.

Pad can vary from foam to wool you will have to try them and play around

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
I would stick with the Professional Polish Line.

Professional Polish if it is not terrible (oxidization comes off pretty easy)

Pro Polish 2 if it has some nice defects that need to be removed.

Pad can vary from foam to wool you will have to try them and play around

you can do the above or you can try PwC first if the surface is just dull and not damaged :)