Nattys Paste Wax Machine application

ShawnF350

Advanced Helper
I haven't tried this yet but if it has be done, how would I go about applying it to a 6" pad ?

I prefer using a machine for everything and want to use the Natty too.

Thanks,
Shawn

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
Get the 32 oz jar. Or, if you prefer to use a standard jar, 2 options I've heard of are 1: use a putty knife to scrape some out of the jar and apply it to the pad; 2: loosen the wax from the jar so it pops out and then rub the mass of wax on the pad. I haven't used either option, so I can't verify the efficacy of either method

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
what I was shown by Beercan a few years back at a Detailing Weekend, to use a 3" velcro backing plate and one of our microfiber applicators on the porter cable (pc) ... detach the pad and wipe it in the jar and then reapply to backing plate .. we had a competition to see which way was faster, hand or machine .. not much difference, but his was smoother and more evenly applied, But on the other hand if you want to use a 6" pad, then Bgleegr with the putty knife is the next best option ;)

ShawnF350

Advanced Helper
Thanks for the tips. I'll possibly try a plastic putty knife. I don't think Nattys is a wax you can pop out of the container.
I was thinking I might be able to get some out with a foam applicator and transfer it to a 5" pad like buttering a roll.
I'm off next week so plan on doing a few vehicles topping with natty.

M

mauriceheath

Just did this today, but used a different technique. I opened a new tub of Natty's Blue, grabbed my DAS polisher holding it pad face up and holding the pad stationery. I placed the open tub open end down on the pad, tap the base of the tub and the wax dropped on to the pad. Moved the tub around on the pad and a nice even amount of the wax was applied to the pad. Then holding the bottom of the tub to the pad, invert the whole lot over and take the now upright tub away from the pad. Worked like a charm, essentially think of it like using the tub like a giant lipstick and you've got the idea. Obviously it will probably only work while there's enough wax in the tub to drop by it's own weight, I'll have to use another method when the wax runs low, but until then this works well for me.

Maurice.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Welcome to our forum .. and you might also find that if you use one of our microfiber applicatiors, you can rub it on the wax and then apply the applicator to your machine .. technique was shown to me by beercan31 .. works incredibly well ;)