Natty's layering

C

craig

I had no idea you could layer coats of Natty's straight after you wiped the last one off :smt104
Oh all the time i have wasted waiting 24 hours between coats :smt044:smt044:smt044
Well, as they say "you live & learn" :smt023

C

craig

Yup you sure can!

You have to wait for sealants =)
I'm going to give EX a try for the first time soon, but the weather is getting quite cold here in the UK (10 celcius) :cry:
Any tips ????? ;-)

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
If you are going to apply EX after using Natty's, you should strip the wax off first. ProPolish or SSR1 will both work. You can put wax over sealants, but generally not the other way around. Some people have used EX on top of wax with good results, so it's not that you can't do it, but the socially accepted convention is to apply sealant then wax.

C

craig

If you are going to apply EX after using Natty's, you should strip the wax off first. ProPolish or SSR1 will both work. You can put wax over sealants, but generally not the other way around. Some people have used EX on top of wax with good results, so it's not that you can't do it, but the socially accepted convention is to apply sealant then wax.
Thanks for the tip :smile: I will be applying EX after I have polished with PWS. The reason I ask is because I know you can adopt a 'wipe on wipe off' method due to the flash time of sealants in cooler weather, but I would rather wait a couple of hours before wiping off ;-)
Im hoping (weather permitting) to polish with PWS, wait 24 hours then apply the 1st layer of EX. Wait another 24 hours before applying the second coat of EX, then topping it with 2 coats of Natty's red :). I have used EX-P lots of times before, but this is my 1st time with EX. I'm really looking for the best protection I can get for winter, but obviously want the best gloss I can get on my medium / dark green paint.
Hopefully I shall start the car on Monday, so should have some pictures up by Friday :)
Thanks again