Nattys Blue questions.

T

tyoung

I finally got my jar of NB, and can't wait for the weekend to come to use it! I have never used a paste wax, always used liquid or spray waxes. On the jar it says to use on a dampened aplicator, and my question is do I need to keep re-wetting the pad as I go or do I just dampen it when I start? How much product do I use on the pad? Also, can I wax the whole car and then go back and buff it off, or is it better to wipe off immediately? I will be doing this by hand. Thanks in advance.

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
-Just dampen it initially to "prime" the pad. Once the pad becomes saturated with the wax, you shouldn't need to keep wetting it. If you notice the product not spreading as well, you could try a "refresher spritz."

-I usually do a couple of swirls around the jar to begin, then only once per "refill." I find that if I load up the applicator with too much wax, I have a harder time getting a thin coat.

-You can wax the whole car before removing. Steve has mentioned that Natty's requires some time to haze, and isn't intended to be used as a "wipe on, wipe off" wax. (Although many people have stated that they have achieved great results via this route.) Some people also choose to do a few panels, then wipe off, then apply to a few more, then wipe off. The "official' answer is to let it haze enough that it wipes off easily. Actual time will vary with conditions (temp., humidity, wind, sun/shade, etc.)

Hope this helps.

T

tyoung

Excellent, thank you very much for your help. I have heard nothing but rave reviews on this on dark cars and I can't wait to see the results!