Natty's Blue Paste. What I think of this wonderful product.

R

rossmeister

After two long weeks, I FINALLY had a chance to wash and wax my car. After washing and drying, I applied Natty's Blue Paste which I had just received only days before. Here is my take on this wax. But first a little background.

Previous LSP's: Two layers of BFWD sealant as the base, with several coats of OCW as a topper.

Washing regimen: ONR with two bucket GG system, two Lake Country 'Big Blue' sponges. One is used for upper surfaces only. Second for dirtier surfaces, such as the bottom half of the car, and front and rear.

Appearance of Natty's Blue Paste in container: Light blue in color and very hard. And like all reviewers have stated, this wax has a very pleasant bubble gum-like scent. Made waxing fun and enjoyable. Sure didn't help my stomach though, as I did not have breakfast, so it was rumbling like crazy. LOL

Application products: Pinnacle yellow foam round hand applicator pad; Pakshak Ultra Plush MF. Two would be needed, one for buffing-off, and the second for final buffing.

Application and removal: Before waxing, I lightly spritzed the foam pad on both sides using ONR diluted to clay lube strength, and continued light spraying throughout waxing session. This made applying the wax much easier. As product description states, Natty's Blue Paste should be applied thin, and can be used in sun or shade, and is designed for easy-on, easy-off. I decided to put those claims up to the test. Found a parking spot that was partially in the sun/shade and proceeded with the wax application.

While applying, I decided to go just a tad bit heavier than recommended, just to see for myself how easy (or hard) this product is to remove. Natty's Blue hazed over rather quickly, and surfaces were ready for removal by the time the last panel was waxed. The results? Outstanding! Product claims, as stated, are dead-on accurate. There was a slight dusting problem, but that was only because I went slightly heavy with the product, and this was easily removed with the second MF during final buffing.

Final results: VERY easy to apply and remove, even in the full sun. My car's finish was left with a high gloss, and richer in color. And depth was noticeably increased as well. I will apply a second coat later on this week to increase the depth. Previous LSP's I have used did very little to add depth, even with multiple coats.

And it has a light filling effect as well. There were some very light swirl marks on the hood and roof before waxing, and these became much less noticeable after application of Natty's Blue.

Summary: I highly commend the chemists responsible for this outstanding wax. Very seldom do I see a product that has the characteristics of being easy to apply AND remove, can be used in the sun or shade, and is a virtually 'fool-proof' product that even a relative novice like myself can use like a pro.

And for those who are on a tight budget, (like myself) its affordability just cannot be beat. Poorboy's World has a great product that I think will rival, or perhaps even beat, many of the more expensive, higher-end "boutique" waxes.

Happy Detailing, everyone!

-Ross

:grin:

R

rossmeister

Come Spring time, I will be doing a full detailing session of claying, polishing and waxing. And for that session I am thinking of using either EX or EX-P as the base, with (of course) Natty's Blue Paste as the topper.

:smt111

G

Gus-Gus

Great write up!
What make and model car do you have? also is it a metallic or flat paint?

Try liquid nattys blue... its pretty much my go to wax now :)

R

rossmeister

Great write up!
What make and model car do you have? also is it a metallic or flat paint?

Try liquid nattys blue... its pretty much my go to wax now :)

Thanks for the compliment, Gus! I had fun writing that review....my very first Poorboy's product review, and am looking forward to doing more, featuring Poorboy's products. :smt024

I have a '12 Honda Fit, Vortex Blue Pearl Metallic. A dark, slightly purplish blue. How do you like the Liquid Blue? Can it be layered? I'd like to give it a shot, though. Detailing is kinda addictive, isn't it? So many LSP's to choose from.

:cool:

p.s. Congrats on winning that contest!

G

Gus-Gus

What makes the LNB so awesome is that in direct sunlight the longer it sits and bakes on the car.. the easier it is to come off.. when it first came out Beercan31 put it on his black Dodge Dakota and let it sit in July sun for over 2? hours.. the paint temp read about 138 degrees and it came off with no effort at all...

what i find makes Metallic lookt he best in my opinion is Pro Polish then Polish With Carnuba Blue follow it up with a coat of Nattys White then top it with Nattys Blue... i think there are pictures of my old Yoda floating around here that show just how dizzying an effect it has.. May want to try that :)

Thanks its nice to win but sort of sad that i get to claim all the free stuff no one checks back to win :) i wont complain though

R

rossmeister

What makes the LNB so awesome is that in direct sunlight the longer it sits and bakes on the car.. the easier it is to come off.. when it first came out Beercan31 put it on his black Dodge Dakota and let it sit in July sun for over 2? hours.. the paint temp read about 138 degrees and it came off with no effort at all...

what i find makes Metallic lookt he best in my opinion is Pro Polish then Polish With Carnuba Blue follow it up with a coat of Nattys White then top it with Nattys Blue... i think there are pictures of my old Yoda floating around here that show just how dizzying an effect it has.. May want to try that :)

Thanks its nice to win but sort of sad that i get to claim all the free stuff no one checks back to win :) i wont complain though

I may want to try your technique. Sounds like a definite winner.

And about PB's give-aways. Free is always good. LOL

R

rossmeister

Thanks, Steve! Like I told Gus, it was fun writing that review. Well, since today's my day off, think I'm going to care for my "baby", 'Nohealani'. (Hawaiian for 'Beauty from Heaven').

-Ross
:smt111

K

Kenny_in_PA

Although I have a brand new 2013 vehicle, Natty's sold me on Poorboy's. Since the vehicle might be considered a light color I started with Natty's Red. Very pleased with the results, it shined better then on the dealers lot on my delivery. I thought maybe the Gecko Green could be a dark color as well, I went and ordered the Natty's Blue. Oh BABY!!! Sure it's a new vehicle and should shine and glisten, but this Natty's Blue brought out so much more on my daily driver. I added Trim Restorer to the black trim, and again Oh BABY what a difference.

I also have a 2011 Panel Van I use for hauling my ATV around. I bought it new and seen a drive thru touchless wash 3 times. I decided to try the natty's Red on it. From being neglected for almost 2 years, the finish needed to be cleaned, wax alone wasn't going to cut it. I turned to the Pro Polish. This is a NO Window full size GMC 1500 Savana Panel Van, no machine used, all by hand. So after a ProPolish cleaning, It did Great, had to top it off with a coat of wax. I ran out of energy and spunk and gave up leaving the roof and back doors for another day. What I did do, looks like a 2013 on the showroom floor.

I have a 2011 CanAm 800 Outlander MAX, I have it just over a year from new, and I have detailed it a few times using Pledge, and WD-40 to kind of shine the plastic. I tried the trim restorer in a small spot, and like the results. That's next on the list to wash and detail again, this time the trim restorer will be used. But it is a losing battle for the ATV, I shine it up, and mud it up the next time out.